SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

BIKE: Yamaha WR 400 '00

I've got this white foamy oil coming out of the breather hose/pipe.

Not sure what it is but it started happening after I got an oil change at Honda of Santa Monica...

Before it was just oil that was coming out and now it's this funky looking foamy stuff. I feel like it might be some sort of oil they put in there.

Did anyone here have this problem before? What's the deal?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm not a motorcycle expert, but I worked on cars for about 5 years and whenever coolant leaked into the oil it would turn the oil almost to that color.

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
if you're lucky, the fact it's wet outside can mean there's condensation forming in the line and it's mixing with the oil that's coming out.

if you're unlucky, you got coolant mixing with your oil and you need to stop riding and pull the motor apart right away.

drain your engine oil and you'll know.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GEEZUS!!! :headscrat

But after I come back these whitish droplets turn to regular oil spots on the ground. And I don't think I'm loosing any coolant... :rolleyes2:

Also on the dip stick the oil looks nice and clear although they did overfill it a little... Can that be the reason?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Latest update!:bannana:

The milkiness foaminess seams to have magically disappeared! :bowdown:

Guess it was just humidity in the air... Or the dealer did put some cheap ass oil... Doing it myself from now on!

BTW the bike is a Yamaha WR400 '00 in case somebody else has this problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good to hear it worked itself out. I was gonna say from now on just do the oil change yourself but it looks like you will do that from now on :thumbup:

Not trying to say that the dealers do shotty work, but... Do all the work yourself, lol.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I REMEBER WHEN Y YZ400F DID THAT. IT ALSO WENT AWAY OVER NIGHT. MAYBE IT HAD A COLD. :lol::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

·
Registered
37 Posts
On older vehicals, NOT motorcycles, this would be a sign of blow by. Meaning that the piston has so much slap or movement that its alowing oil to get above the piston and mix in the vavle cover. Just an idea

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm gonna go with the "it's water/humidity condensation from outside" theory as it did go away on the 3rd day after an oil change. Or she just had a cold :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts