SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pipe and muffler shipping today but the EFI Programmer is backordered. Any danger in putting the system on without the Programmer? Note I speak here of "danger". I do realize that it won't be optimum without it but it's going to be tough to resist going ahead with the install!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Pipe and muffler shipping today but the EFI Programmer is backordered. Any danger in putting the system on without the Programmer? Note I speak here of "danger". I do realize that it won't be optimum without it but it's going to be tough to resist going ahead with the install!

If your not running an open air box and/or aftermarket filter you should be ok. The open air box is the biggest gain. You will notice seat of the pants hp with the exhaust though. Its funny you posted about an exhaust........I just polished mine today.............have fun!:bike:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

Very nice polish work! As others have said those black panels look great too!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The FMF pipe and header went on nicely. Instructions are very straight forward and understandable. Have to say that the Powercore is definately borderline for street use. But then one of my motivations for the pipe is to be at least as obnoxious as the Harley riders! :bike:

FI Programmer is backordered (also FMF) but then we're in a thunderstorm band anyway. :rant:

·
Registered
239 Posts
If your not running an open air box and/or aftermarket filter you should be ok. The open air box is the biggest gain. You will notice seat of the pants hp with the exhaust though. Its funny you posted about an exhaust........I just polished mine today.............have fun!:bike:
With the open airbox...what are we doing? just removing the flapper or cutting plastic? I had a drz AND i went hog wild cutting.

·
Registered
90 Posts
any problems with running just the muffler w/ a filter... i hear the programer wasnt that big of a deal cuz it didnt throw off the bike that much>>>
later
DJ

·
Registered
351 Posts
any problems with running just the muffler w/ a filter... i hear the programer wasnt that big of a deal cuz it didnt throw off the bike that much>>>
later
DJ

I just removed the door and the flapper is taped open on mine.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any sound clips or pics of your new setup??

So whats better to get:

fmf programmer or power commander???
Well my phone doesn't do sound or video so no clips. Idle is mellow and partial throttle should keep the neighbors from sniping me. It's a sharper note by far than My DRZ with the Yoshimura slipon. The Powercore is loud enough off idle that you'll consider earplugs (IMHO) %-)

If you have the inclination to really fine tune and have a laptop the Power Commander is a good bet. For me I just want to balance the pipe and airbox mods and ride %-)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well my phone doesn't do sound or video so no clips. Idle is mellow and partial throttle should keep the neighbors from sniping me. It's a sharper note by far than My DRZ with the Yoshimura slipon. The Powercore is loud enough off idle that you'll consider earplugs (IMHO) %-)

If you have the inclination to really fine tune and have a laptop the Power Commander is a good bet. For me I just want to balance the pipe and airbox mods and ride %-)
Cool, when I get my wr250x in the next month I will be getting the fmf powercore with header to. For some reason I want this thing to be loud.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got mine last week. I was wondering about running an out airbox? And the guys at the dealership said i could cut out the screen filter at the end of the exhuast to open it up a little more. Other than dropping the money for the programmer and full exhaust, is there any other restrictors i could take off to get a little more performance????

·
Registered
806 Posts
If you don't have a programmer and you're getting too lean, you can place a resistor in line with the intake air temperature sensor to trick the ECU into thinking it's colder outside and giving out a tad more fuel.

Cheap crude adjustment to richen things up, but I think it's working pretty well on mine (just did some ride evaluations with it today).

More details here:
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=666907

Dave

·
Registered
187 Posts
what kind of low end feel do you get with the powercore and header.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Without the programmer it's pretty flat low end. Starving a bit I think. Mid-range is the sweet spot with WOT starting to feel a wee bit weaker than the stock pipe. EXUP does it's job! :bowdown:

The programmer will let us smooth all this out. Steaveakus on TT has posted some starting point numbers for the R. SOMEONE will make a dyno run eventually and get the real settings. Might be me! :bike:

·
Registered
10 Posts
i just ordered the fmf fi controller was wondering if anyone knows of a good spot to mount it??

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Used the battery retaining strap for mine. Out of the way, all the wiring is plenty long enough, etc... Oh and I'm lazy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts