SuperMoto Junkie banner

FMF impressions on my TTR125 !!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Michelangelo 
#1 ·
Just got back from a very, very chillly ride on my TTR after installing a new FMF. Previously I have done the stock airbox and filter mod, drilled several large holes in the stock exhaust. Ran ok, not anything special after those mods. So decided to buy an FMF pipe despite it being the least expensive of nearly all brands out there, the pipe rocks! The increase in power and throttle response was noticeably right off the bat. The sounds is thumping but not overly loud.

I would have to say that so far this is the best mod I've done on the bike and highly recommended. Don't listen to others who say that a modified stock exhaust is the same thing,it's not.

We'll see what a cam and BBR filter will add.

#3 ·
Jetting

I am at 4k feet and the only jetting changes I've done are the 17.5 pilot, everything else is stock aside from the stock filter and box. I ripped out the backfire screen and snorkle and used a dremel to widen the filter cage. Otherwise nothing.

My starting procedure is:
5 hard kicks with zero throttle or choke.
Then pull choke up and get to tdc and usually starts on one or two kicks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.