SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there. New member here... Going to look at a 2008 husky sm450 tommorow. Fell in love with the bike when i saw it first. Ive been looking for a DRZ but when i see the specs of the huskys im blown away by the numbers. Why shouldnt i buy the husqvarna? this will be my first bike and will be a commuter/ fun bike in the city. Been reading maintenance intervals suck, but i dont mind wrenching. Basically im looking for a reason not to buy the bike. 2008 450 with 1200 miles for 4600 at a stealership. thanks in advance!!!

edit: have ridden dirt bikes, and tooled around on my brothers old azz triumph.. but first motorcycle owned

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
First thing you need to do is change your user name! You said first bike, do you mean first bike ever? If so don't get the husky your only going to hurt yourself on it. If you have some experience then you will love the 450. Maintenance isn't bad just change the oil every 300 miles and check your valves once and a while.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you fell in love by looking at it, just wait until you drive it :D
Great handling bike that looks sweet.. I dont think the maintenance intervals suck, it IS a racing machine, and the work you will do on the bike just makes you get to know it better, i cant give you a reason not to get a husky, good luck ;)

Juvkam

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Once you go husky you don't go back. :pimp:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bought it today..pick it up tommorow hopefully. no it begins..i need a sick ass graphics kit for it!!:clap:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like a good deal and I'm sure you'll enjoy the bike. There were some bugs with 2008 models that either the previous owner addressed or you'll have to deal with but it's a great bike once it's set up right. (I mean things like fuel pump mounting, power up kit install, break-in, side stand fix, maybe ECU update, crappy headlight.) Do a search and you'll find tons of info about the 2008s.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
+1..welcome to the club....add swaping all the stock fuses (5) with ones bought from an auto parts store to the list of things to do to it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well here it is...W:DW bike is nasty. where can i find graphics for this thing? the mod sticky doesnt provide much of anything for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts