SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Alaska, just picked up a well worn CR500R. First time on a CR500, used to ride a KX500 about ten years back. This 500 seems rediculously torquey. It'll make a good winter rebuild project.
1. Any thoughts on getting dents out of the FMF fatty pipe? I read one guys post about pressurizing the pipe and heating the dents, I may try that.
2. The white frame is rusty and bare in some places, were these painted or powder-coated from the factory?
3. Anyone have a webaddress where I can download a factory shop manual?

·
Registered
785 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
pipe fix

Hi mate
heres a quick way u may wish to try,
when the wife isnt looking chuck the contense of the freezer out of the way in 2 a cupboard or whatever :D

then fill the pipe with water and seal off both ends
leave it in the freezer over night
and just keep repeating the same way untill your happy with it
worked a treat on mine
as the water freezes it wil push the steel out as it expands

:thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found a shop manual

I was able to find a shop manual PDF, thanks for the sugestions on where too find one, it worked. :clap:
I like the idea of freezing water in the pipe to expand it back, may try that.
Any brand of pistons you don't recommend? Been looking at Pro-X piston kits.

·
Registered
25 Posts
pistons

Hi there
iv once used wiseco-but have been reading all sorts of storys about the standard of wiseco products now due to re location of production in china, whether its true or not but read on a few posts
other than that iv always ran mitaka pistons in all my bikes and never had any failures and are really good priced here in the uk

all the best for the build get some pictures on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.