SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum and I am seeking some advice/opinions on the KTM 560SMR. Currently have a 03yz450 and have decided not to convert this bike. So i have been looking around and it seems the 560smr is a really good bang for the buck bike. I dont know much about this bike, other than the specs i've seen on paper. What are some of the downfalls or known issues with this bike? I plan on street legalizing it and want to be able to take it around town and enjoy it, it will see more street use than track use. One of the big things i'm sure not sure about is the compatibility
of this KTM with other KTM's, i.e. the motor and KTM hardparts add ons like a cooling fan. Is this motor the same family as the 450/525? And will these parts interchange? I know many of the triple clamps and chassis stuff will interchange on the xc/exc (450 to 525)bikes. Any input would be great, even if someone says i'd be better off converting a CRF450!

·
Registered
681 Posts
this info has been covered already, but since your new and im in a good mood ill help today.

i have a 06 450smr and have it legal. there is a link in my sig that has a parts list for my bike, and a link to the parts list and instructions for the estart kit. one thing to note, the stator that comes with the estart kit does NOT make enough power to run the lights and charge the battery. i tried it like that for a few days and i now need a new battery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts