SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm eyeing this used ktm 625 its an 05 model with 4900 miles in it, What should I look? any common problems with it? I'v read some post's telling that its rocker arm bearing? or anything? I'm from the Philippines parts are hard to find hear specially internal engine parts. Let me know what the common problems are if there is

here's a picture of her

CHEERS!!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Oil leak at the rocker cover above the left side exhaust manifod is pretty common.
Not too tough to re-seal but takes some time and small 1/4" drive torque wrench that will read down to 5#.
Just look for wet oil on the face of the motor after riding, it should be obvious.

Really blue exhaust headers and hard cold starting are signs of lean jetting, again a fairly easy fix and you'll need to re-jet and modifiy the airbox when you get an aftermarket pipe set anyway.

Oil dripping from the countersprocket (the small one) takes quite a bit of work to fix but it's not that common.

Look for coolant coming out of the weep hole below the water pump on the left side.

They typical straight tracking, good brakes, clutch, all lights work etc apply.

All in all pretty solid bikes not too much to worry about at that milage. Just look for signs of wreckage like bent subframe/forks or "new" parts on just one side of the bike.

Good luck, guessing it's around 5K asking?

·
Registered
316 Posts
my 660 has the standard ktm rocker cover oil leak.

done 1500 miles since i got it and it didnt effect the oil level at all. just changed the oil and filters anyway.

if the bike has it, dont worry about it at all. its seriously nothing.

my bikes headers are properly ocean blue, and the jetting is absolutely perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts