SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, not new to riding but new to SMs. While at the Nat'l SV Rally at Deal's Gap earlier this month a buddy let me ride his DRZ from Fontana Village to the overlook and back. Needless to say I was instantly hooked and as soon as I got home started searching feverishly for my first SuperMoto. Yesterday a buddy emailed me a CL ad for one in OH (I live in So Florida) and said he'd be happy to take a look at it and keep it for me until I can come pick it up. I'll be on my way up next week to retrieve it. :D

Anyway, nice to be here, nice to find a forum not corrupted by Vertical Scope, hope to learn a lot about a new style of riding.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome to the addiction...
Curious as to which SV you have? I have an 03 1000s and love it, also have a DR 350(dualsport), and was threatening about the SM route for it, but I am worried about not having enough power... just borrowed a buddies XR650L, and it doesn't have the power I'm wanting, granted it's still a dual sport, but it has a pipe, and the basic mods. How did the DRZ compare to your sv (for lack of a better term "Peppy 'ness" wise)? I like to wheelie and with my sv that has been modified (Yosh system, PC, -1/+4, bla. bla. bla.)
and geared slightly it's about where I want it. Josh

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the addiction...
Curious as to which SV you have? I have an 03 1000s and love it, also have a DR 350(dualsport), and was threatening about the SM route for it, but I am worried about not having enough power... just borrowed a buddies XR650L, and it doesn't have the power I'm wanting, granted it's still a dual sport, but it has a pipe, and the basic mods. How did the DRZ compare to your sv (for lack of a better term "Peppy 'ness" wise)? I like to wheelie and with my sv that has been modified (Yosh system, PC, -1/+4, bla. bla. bla.)
and geared slightly it's about where I want it. Josh
I have an 05 1k and an 04 650. It's tough to compare them to the DRZ, they're two (or rather three) different animals. What the sumo lacks in power, it really makes up for in fun. It's absolutely ridiculous how much easier it is to ride fast through something like the dragon. It's like it's impossible to screw up on it. Too hot into the corner? No problem, just push it over a little more, it'll do it. Screwed up your line on the SV? It messes up the rest of the series of turns. Screwed up your line on the DRZ? Oh, wait, there is no line on the DRZ, you just point and shoot. The bike doesn't care how you ride it, dirt bike style where you stay straight up and lean the bike under you with your leg straight out, sportbike style, sliding off the seat and leaning into the turn keeping the bike as straight up as possible, or simply sitting straight up on the bike and leaning with it. It doesn't matter, the bike just does what you ask it too.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Welcome to SMJ!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts