SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone and thanks in advance for the help that I'm sure this Forum will provide me.

Like my username says, I'm Danny from Salt Lake City. I have ridden and built Harleys for years and ridden sport bikes even longer. I don't ride like most Harley owners, I jump, skid, burnout, play 90mph tag and I am thinking that a supermoto will take my city shreditute to a whole new level.

Some friends and I put on a local bike night every first Monday of the month which we have attached the moniker "Moto Monday." One of said friends got a 2007 DRZ400SM and we all were instantly jealous so now we have added 3 more bikes to our stable as projects which knock on wood end in Supermotos.

I just picked up a 2003 CRF450R today which will need a little love but I am excited to dive into it. Living in Utah I will still keep a dirt wheel setup for it so that I can take advantage of the awesome mountain riding as well as a dual 17" street setup. I have been wrestling with the idea of putting dual sport tires on my 19"/21" stock wheels or maybe dual sports on the 17" but I'm not sure. I'm thinking I'll do 70/30 street/dirt. Time will tell and thanks again for any help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome Home Danny.

You're not alone. I was caught in the same dilemma when I bought my moto. Ended up getting some dual sport tires (90% off road/10% on road). Still getting used to them on road (only about 50 miles so far) LOVE them offroad though.

Surf the forum. You'll find quite a few Motards in the same boat.

Once again, welcome.

KILL

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside Danny !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm not going to get too many things done right away because of my budget but I am stoked to get going.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I think I think I got a deal I couldn't pass up. I got these wheels which after seeing them I found that they are Warp 9 rims laced to what I think are stock hubs painted red, and a full Baja Designs enduro kit including stator, key, lights, and well everything I need. I paid $675 for all this so I think I did ok right?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
That's less than I paid for basically the same stuff. Sounds good to me if it all fits! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Hmmmm.....17's Now were talking. :clap:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts