SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Sxv 450. It has 1623 miles on it. I love the bike. I change the oil at or right about 200 miles. And the filter every other oil change. I run motorex 15-w50. Oil change before last oil stated to leak from the bottom of the housing. It is intact and no damage. O-ring for the filter cap is 100%. the threads are all good. I don't understand why it's leaking out. (only when I'm riding it leaks) and lately it's getting worse. Any ideas. Should I buy the anodized cap? Would this help? Anyone else have this problem?:headscrat

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
What cap is on there now? Its not the plastic one is it? if so you need to stop riding till you get an aluminum one. If it is aluminum then I would guess you need to replace the o-ring.

Also, you may wanna consider using 10w60 as manual suggests...the oil pressure and passage designs dictate that weight oil. There was a guy on apriliaforum using a lesser weight and had some issues. Not saying you will, just pointing out what I saw elsewhere. FWIW I used lesser weight oils for a period of time till I read that post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts