SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very upset over this bad news I received today. After many headaches at the DMV and a lot of money spent and giving the wrong information, I am now on a stand still with my waiting to be plated yz450f. The DMV stated that a COPY of the MSO from the bank my bike is financed through (HSBC, Yamaha's bank) would be all they need to convert the title. On my way to the DMV as I pulled out of the driveway and headed down the road a black cat ran in front of me and this is no joke. I get to the DMV and I am told they need the actual MSO document for this to go through. After calling the bank numerous times they refuse to hand over the original document until the bike is paid for in full which with my income will not happen ANY time soon. I am currently unemployed so trading in on a new husky or something of that sort is not an option at the time and trust me finding a job isn't easy around here. so in other words. FML :damn:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am very upset over this bad news I received today. After many headaches at the DMV and a lot of money spent and giving the wrong information, I am now on a stand still with my waiting to be plated yz450f. The DMV stated that a COPY of the MSO from the bank my bike is financed through (HSBC, Yamaha's bank) would be all they need to convert the title. On my way to the DMV as I pulled out of the driveway and headed down the road a black cat ran in front of me and this is no joke. I get to the DMV and I am told they need the actual MSO document for this to go through. After calling the bank numerous times they refuse to hand over the original document until the bike is paid for in full which with my income will not happen ANY time soon. I am currently unemployed so trading in on a new husky or something of that sort is not an option at the time and trust me finding a job isn't easy around here. so in other words. FML :damn:
Bad deal man. Sorry to hear, but sounds like you have bigger issues than trying to plate a toy. "Do what your parets did Sir. Get a job Mr. Lebowski. The bums will never win."!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Go back and talk to a different dmv rep. Each one will do or say different things.
Might have just got a douche. Play dumb.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Also, many manufacturers and dealers have the ability to print out a new MSO for your bike. Call them, ask nicely.

I did this exact thing about 5 years ago to plate my YZ. All I had to do was contact the dealer in Maine that sold the bike new (I was the third owner, now living in Texas) and they were happy to help out.

No is never a final answer, especially with the DMV. Keep trying.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Buy a 2nd frame on ebay with a title, its not the most legal route, but.... You would "own" the frame and be financing the guts.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
You're in WV. I'm a lawyer in WV. I'm no DMV expert, but I do have a close friend who got his yz 250 2-stroke through dmv NO PROBLEM. The above advice is accurate - speak to another rep at DMV. Each person behind the counter will give you a different answer. If you have to drive to another town, do that. I also agree that contacting the mfg or dealer for the correct MSO is a good idea.

If you fail again, call me (shoot me a pm and I'll give you my cell #). I'll then put you in touch with my buddy who did the dmv trick for his 2-stroke ( he also owns an auto repair shop and can give you the forms you need and an inspection sticker). I'm in Charleston, WV.

Brent Hackney

Good luck and let me know how it comes out!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well I spoke to all the DMV Reps at the DMV I was at. I also called the DMV in Charleston which is where all the title work and such is actually done and they also stated I need the actual document. I personally talked to Forest at Wheeling Cycle Supply when I went there to get parts and he gave me a tour of his warehouse and his tards. His buddy came in and told me that the guys he knew of doing it had a copy as well so I am totally lost and can't find a loophole. I had the inspection sheet filled out the only thing stopping me is the title transfer :headshake

My friend works at the dealership I purchased the bike from and said most likely I can't get the MSO from them because like I said before the bank has it.:lame:

The bank that holds the MSO IS the mfg. It is Yamaha's bank my bike is financed through Yamaha.

·
Registered
976 Posts
First thing is, you won't be able to get the original MSO untl you get the bike paid off. That's just the way it is. Like buying a new car, you don't get the ttle till its all paid for. Second, if you can get a copy, get it notarized so it looks more legit, and go to a new DMV. Act as if you have evey right to regv the bike this way. Ask no questions. The smaller and more local the DMV station, the better is wha I have found for getting "iffy" stuff thru.

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."
Good luck bro.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
You always have options. Refinance. When the MSO arrives in your mailbox because it's paid off and HSBC forwards it to you, you'll have 30-60 days to handle your DMV business before sending it to the new lender.

Keep trying!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WELL GUYS. I took your advice and didn't give up after calling the bank a bunch of times to where I was annoying and having my DMV supervisor speak to HSBC management they mailed me the title to my bike yesterday because it is not signed off and has a lien on it so I WON WOOOOT. Should have plates later this week.

·
Registered
16 Posts
WELL GUYS. I took your advice and didn't give up after calling the bank a bunch of times to where I was annoying and having my DMV supervisor speak to HSBC management they mailed me the title to my bike yesterday because it is not signed off and has a lien on it so I WON WOOOOT. Should have plates later this week.
YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bannana:

Congrats on the WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Awesome! Great job and congrads on getting what you paid for!

Now, stink palm the title just before you mail it back to HSBC. You'll feel better.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Woot, congratz man, I am kinda in the same situation, except I don't have my liscence yet and it's getting quite boring doing trails only and watching for every cop out there. :headshake
I feel you there I put atleast 250 miles on my bike with no plates :anim_peep:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts