SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a house, so I'm trying to think of ways to get some funds ready for the purchase. I have two sets of supermoto wheels, one for the street and one for the track. I'm thinking of getting rid of the street set, but I want to see what kind of interest there is. I'm looking for $900 + shipping.

Front is a stock YZF hub painted black, black rim. No spacers for the front. Some tire change nicks.
Rear is an excel/talon combination. Spacers included.

Both have been made tubeless but will not have the valve stems. You'll either have to put in your own valve stem ($1.00 a piece) or just run a tube. No sprockets or brakes. Hub, spokes, wheels, and spacers as mentioned.

Currently on the bike, but could easily have them off and shipped by Monday the 7th.

I also have a set of bridgestone Battleax take-offs 120/160 that I could throw on the wheels if desired for another $150.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last bump...am I asking too much or is there just no interest at the moment? I'm less than all the other yam wheelsets.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so im guessing everything is still for sale
Yes, still for sale. I apologize, I have some pictures, but I can't seem to find the cord to download them from my camera. We have a similar camera at my work that I will get ahold of on monday and get these pictures up for you guys.

Sorry Bern, the battleax tires are racing slicks. Some guys use them on the street, but I needed DOT's to pass an inspection to convert a title. I'll still be using my conti's.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pictures

Finally used the cord here at work to get these things in here...these are obviously still on the bike, but can be off in a couple days.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you feel I'm asking too much, make me a reasonable offer, and i'll let you know if it's worth my time:hmmm:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just a suggestion, If you run a rag and some polish over those rims before you take a picture of them so that people can see that they CAN actually be made shiny,
people would probably be A Lot more inclined to consider buying them. :thumbup:

free bump..

·
Registered
15 Posts
If I got these would I need spacers for the front to put them on 2002 wr250f? and how much for them with the tires that are on the rims?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I got these would I need spacers for the front to put them on 2002 wr250f? and how much for them with the tires that are on the rims?
You will need spacers for the front no matter what because (as was stated in the first post) the one's I have are not included.

$950 with the conti's because they are brand new (20 miles). It would be cheaper for you to buy just the wheels (pay less shipping) and then order the conti's yourself if that's what you want. Just my .02 though:thumbup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I might have to think about it. So you say, order them, without tires, for $900 for the rims, without tires, and then buy my own tires and front spacers when they get here right? Any Idea on what shipping costs would be?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I might have to think about it. So you say, order them, without tires, for $900 for the rims, without tires, and then buy my own tires and front spacers when they get here right? Any Idea on what shipping costs would be?
Yup...except that I'm offering a better deal than that. If you order them w/o any tires at all I'm selling them for $750:thumbup:. Then yes, you would have to buy your own front spacers (the local shop should be able to help you with that, but your stock ones may work:headscrat) and tires. I'll actually go ahead and install some new valve stems for you too so that you have a tubeless rim ready for a tire when it gets there. Unless you are going to run tubes, then I won't bother;).

Shipping depends on your zip code, but it should stay under $50 (I'd bet in the $30-40 range) w/o the weight of the tires.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts