SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some used 39 mm fcr carbs on eBay for 375 or make offer, is that a deal? Also has anyone ever tried using one from a yfz 4 wheeler or maybe a trx?

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Not worth the hassle for that price, you still need quite a few odds and ends to make it work. Look for the newer MX version when you buy one, as it had some improvements over the slant body. Used complete setups come up every so often for a good price, that's how I got mine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one is the mx version, wasn't sure what the difference was. Oh well I ll stick with the stocker for awhile longer, it seems so perfect...except for the random stall at low speed cruising

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
This one is the mx version, wasn't sure what the difference was. Oh well I ll stick with the stocker for awhile longer, it seems so perfect...except for the random stall at low speed cruising
Is your bike all stock? Mine was jetted terribly from the factory, as all the '08's were. The JD jet kit, and 3X3 mod make a huge difference. Not only in power, but the low speed surge / stall condition too. Cost, about $100 for the jet kit and fuel screw.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fmf full system, filter, and jet kit. Gotta check this weekend for the 3x3. Thinking about getting the powernow valve. I know it was supposed to be great on the ltz400, same motor and carb, but we ll see.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Fmf full system, filter, and jet kit. Gotta check this weekend for the 3x3. Thinking about getting the powernow valve. I know it was supposed to be great on the ltz400, same motor and carb, but we ll see.
Meh, I've read differing opinions on the Power Now thing. Personally, I'd find a set of E cams for about the same price. Much more bang for the buck.

·
Registered
428 Posts
FWIW, I paid $250 for a used sllant body FCR from a KTM, got the conversion kits from someone on ADV for $20. Was very happy with the result, and saved a bit than buying the new MX.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts