SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, sorry to have used FRENCH but I'm new. I'm here to find out more info on the sport AND I have the oportunity to get a 2000 XR650R for fairly cheap and want to see about converting it to something streetable... here's the Faux Pas part... Do you guys look down upon us who aren't real motarders and just basically go for the look?

I'd appreciate any feedback on sources for my conversion. Right now I'm looking at Baja Designs for a street legal kit but that's far from motard. This project may take a while but I still want to ride on the street.

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
We are not here to look down on anyone. We are here because we all love motorcycles and enjoy riding them. To each his own on taste and style or whatever type of bike they own or ride.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was (half) kidding. I don't really know any of you so I'm just kinda sending out some feelers.
I'm sure you know that there are snobs out there... so, just checking to see who we have in our forum.

Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
naa.. theres a good mix of people here.. smartasses, to dumbasses, polite to rude, perfect grammer to broken engrish.

about the only thing everyone here shares is that they like the bikes.... its a pretty relaxed forum.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I'm a dumbass!... wait, um, does that make me a smartass?? :headscrat

J/K welcome to the site... not too snobish in here... and we're from all over which I think helps the site out... Not the "clicks" and shit on here you'll find on local forums.
Kenny, check out the "post pics of your ride" thread... great ideas to be had in there!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
im a snob too, but only on a technicality... i own a ducati, so its required by law. (but i still dont ride to starbucks!! )

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Welcome to the site! xr650r's make great bikes. Especially if you can get it tagged.

I'll declare right now i'm a smartass a lot of times. Most people on here have a good sense of humor, so don't take anything too serious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts