SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what fan switch is correct for the 2010 690 SMC? Other years might be the same I would think. I'd like to change mine out so the fan would come on sooner.
TM Enduro 690 LC4 Fan Switch low temp upgrade E-bay Item # 180560270472
Jeff

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the links, but they don't answer my question. The one guy that says he bought the switch off e-bay, the link isn’t valid, and the other recommended a quad switch that turned out to be wrong. I wanted to have the switch in hand when I do the swap, rather than pulling it, and then waiting a week till it shows up in the mail. So, does anyone have a picture of theirs, or an actual part number for the 2010 SMC?
Jeff

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Bryan,
Is that the standard switch? I may be confused, but I can't figure out where you got that info from??? No name, or link to the home page of the site. The reason I'm trying to find an actual picture of the standard one, is because the seller on e-bay will then be able to match it with a lower startup switch and send me the correct one.
Jeff

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Bryan,
Is that the standard switch? I may be confused, but I can't figure out where you got that info from??? No name, or link to the home page of the site...
Jeff
Sorry, I used a shortcut from KTM-Talk to www.munnracing.com and just copied the link for the specific part. Once you get the website, you just choose the year of your bike from the dropdown on the left side, and then choose your bike model. The parts fiche for the 690 cooling system is listed under the engine tab, rather than the chassis tab.

And I'm assuming that's the standard switch; it's the only thermo-switch specified in the cooling system section.

Bryan

PS- I always giggle when I see your avatar. I think it would make a great poster.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Thanks for the info fstbusa... I'm omw to order one now!:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
No problem, There was a thread about this on Thumpertalk a while back and I knew just where to find it so I just took the info and posted it here.

I cannot take credit for it. :D

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Do the colour of the fanswitch mean anything? Like an electrical resistor? There is one at Ebay, it is yellow in colour.
The ebay ones vary in color. As long as it has the same electrical connection, threads, and temp it will work....

·
Registered
12 Posts
How do you fit the aftermarket fan switch to the radiator? Do I need to drain out the coolant? Or just remove and install?

·
Registered
1 Posts
thermostat switch question solved

Get a thermostat switch for a Suzuki LTZ400. The Suzuki LTZ400 is a Kawasaki KFX-400 is an Arctic Cat DVX-400. Suzuki makes it and sells it to Kawasaki and Arctic cat.

I got mine from MRcycles and installed it and it works fine.
part # 27010

http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=787809&category=ATVs&make=KAWASAKI&year=2006&fveh=21321

Green – 88-deg ON : LTZ400
Blue – 102-deg ON : 690SMC
Red – 88-deg ON : “The Ebay Switch”

This switch worked. I purchased a switch off ebay and my fan now comes on sooner. If you want to order a new switch, they're around $35 and fit a 03-06 kawasaki KFX 400 atv. comes on at 88c rather than stock 102c

1 - 20 of 20 Posts