SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after getting a few false neutrals up in the higher gears and sometimes even trying to shift and actually NOT shifting i realized that i think my shifter needs adjustment.

so tonight i took the shifter off and moved it down a notch. i only took it around the block for a 5 minute or so ride but the shifting, both up and down, seems much nicer and crisper.

i will see tomorrow once i get more time on it and report back. but so far even after only a few minutes it feels soooo much better.

·
Registered
569 Posts
i haven't really had any problems, but i've adjusted others before depending on the shifter or location on the notch, think alot comes down to personal preference

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, i think i will be fine now. my boots are just not very thick or high or whatever you wanna call it. there has been a few times where i'd go to lift the lever up to up shift and stayed in the same gear. so i definitely think in my case this was the problem.

i just posted this as a heads up for people who have had the false neutral problem. this might be the simple remedy for some people.

·
Registered
569 Posts
yeah, i know what you are saying, on my YFZ450 sport quad, i put a different shifter on and moved it down a notch, i was missing gear all the time

·
Registered
599 Posts
that's what I did with my duke II. I rarely missed a shift after that.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I like the shifter where it is at now, but to each its own! lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts