SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing a little bit of research for my WR250x exhaust mod, but am confused. (exhaust newbie):headscrat

I ththink the LeoVince and Devil are too expensive compared to the
FMF or Yosh, and Delta. (although carbon would look nice on a dark bike)

I would like to learn what the major differences between the FMF powerbomb and Q4 are????

The FMF Exhaust and header (pipe) are both different, RIGHT?
.....one is more quiet, one has the fat little powerbomb pipe thing for more power.

Forest at Wheeling Cycle loves the Jap Delta full system....
and can sell one when Im ready.

A stock or K&N filter is probably needed too, right?
.....I would alternate another YAM. stock filter to keep the down time
to a minimum or get K&N.
....I've heards K&N is letting too much dirt get in along with all that air flow!...(opinions)???:headscrat

Finally, FMF fuel management or Powercommander to straighten out all the changes.

Which fuel management system,.....and .....WHY????

So far, I need some,
Good gas...
a full system,
another air filter,
and fuel management.

Now the choosing process.:hmmm:
......am I missing anything important?

Thanks for any help.....

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have been doing a little bit of research for my WR250x exhaust mod, but am confused. (exhaust newbie):headscrat

I ththink the LeoVince and Devil are too expensive compared to the
FMF or Yosh, and Delta. (although carbon would look nice on a dark bike)

I would like to learn what the major differences between the FMF powerbomb and Q4 are????

The FMF Exhaust and header (pipe) are both different, RIGHT?
.....one is more quiet, one has the fat little powerbomb pipe thing for more power.

Forest at Wheeling Cycle loves the Jap Delta full system....
and can sell one when Im ready.

A stock or K&N filter is probably needed too, right?
.....I would alternate another YAM. stock filter to keep the down time
to a minimum or get K&N.
....I've heards K&N is letting too much dirt get in along with all that air flow!...(opinions)???:headscrat

Finally, FMF fuel management or Powercommander to straighten out all the changes.

Which fuel management system,.....and .....WHY????

So far, I need some,
Good gas...
a full system,
another air filter,
and fuel management.

Now the choosing process.:hmmm:
......am I missing anything important?

Thanks for any help.....

I have the powerbomb header and fmf slip on, also the k&n and the power commander. All these mods result in a huge seat of the pants difference. After all the mods, I'm not sure if I would waste money on a heder, doesnt really add much(with the exception of looks). Biggest gain was with the slip on and the k&n with the air box door removed. Mine runs AWESOME!:thumbup:
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure if I would waste money on a heder, doesnt really add much(with the exception of looks). Biggest gain was with the slip on and the k&n with the air box door removed. Mine runs AWESOME!:thumbup:
I hope this helps.
I thought the little fat powerbomb did something to the something to sound/compression and power.....No??

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have the FMF Q4 slip-on installed (the quiet one) and love it. I haven't done any mods to the air filter or box, and no power commander as of yet. To my seat of the pants dyno, the exhaust by itself did wonders for the power and I might not even do the other stuff.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have the q4 and it made a great difference in power and weight, it lets it breath and rev freely and lowered the mass alot too. It arrived before the fmf header so i got a feel for the q4 w/o a header. After the fmf header arrived and I put it on I really didnt notice any difference. It looks less mis match with the q4 than the stocker though.
For the money get the fmf! Plus its made in America!:thumbup:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One website mentioned the Q4 being around 93db and
the Powercore being around 100db.

Besides the sound, which gives more power and which is street legal?

Delta info??? Anyone?
I just know there from Japan.

Yosh info?
"Whiny" like a sportbike Yosh exhaust?

Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
fmf powercore

I put the fmf powercore on my wr. I have not touched the stock air box or filter. I noticed a big difference once I added the slip on. I am used to riding my yz 250f every weekend so I like having a louder pipe. The exhaust is not abnoxious it sounds good. If you are a gear high coming out of a turn and role the throttle on it has a nice low bark to it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thumpertalk had some info on riders with the FMF pipes and exhausts leaking where they came together.

-Any problems? Anyone?

FMF seems to make aluminum, stainless steel and titanium.
-Which metal, why?

The powercore seems like it has more power.....???:headscrat

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have had no problems with exhaust leaks. Just put some high temp rtv silicone on the insert into the pipe and the into around the header. Just wipe the excess off. If you are using a fmf header you do not need the insert. Insert comes with the powercore slip on. I have always done this on my sons 2-strokes to keep oil from working its way out around the rubber seal between the head pipe and slip on. I do it on my yz also just makes a better seal even with a clamp. Since the crf150r we have been done with the 2-stroke world.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
....just got off the phone w/ Leovince and FMF:thumbup:

Statements:

-FMF said there is no major difference in power on the Powercore and Q4, just sound.
The Powercore is what a 4 stroke moto-race bike would sound like.

-FMF stated that there should be no problems with the seal leak issue on thier new pipes.

-FMF said it is not a must to get a powercommander with just a slip-on, BUT it will be a little bit lean. Once The K&N is used or Powerbomb header, then get the fuel managment (PCIII).

-FMF exhausts are aluminum...for now.

-Leovince said that the PCIII is not needed for their slip on.
http://www.sitogroup.com/servlet/page?_pageid=520&_dad=sitop30&_schema=SITOP30&voce_menu_sx=78&voce_menu_dx=119813&voce_menu_sx=78&voce_menu_dx=115&codprd=10424&prgtmp=&sessione

Both companies seemed to have great customer service in my opinion.
..Thanks :clap:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Digging up this thread, 'cos I'm looking for an aftermarket silencer. :)

I'm doubting between an FMF Q4 slip-on or the Leovince. :hmmm:

Can anyone tell if the FMF comes with a DB-killer? I know the Leo is.

If I'd get the FMF and don't put a PCIII on it, exactly how lean will it run? Can't the FI be set-up without a PCIII?

I read that the Leo doesn't need anything else to run great, just bolting on? ;) If only the Leovince wasn't that freakin' expensive :headshake

·
Registered
46 Posts
hey chrisse

I have the LeoVince on my WRX since Saturday. Cost me a whopping 330€.

Sounds really great, with the street legal insert, too. But if that isn't loud enough for you and you don't give a crap about driving around legal, you could use one of the other 3 inserts it comes with... There is one direct plug, which is really short and is definitely loud enough to get noticed by everyone, including the cops.

It really didn't need anything besides slipping it on.. I started the bike and it ran GREAT. Looks great too on a black WRX.

I understand you are from Brussels, so you should have the European model with o2-sensor? As far as i understand it, our ECU should adjust accordingly because of the o2-sensor which is used with the LeoVince. But I can't say for sure...

FMF exhausts are not legal here(Austria), besides they don't have a plunge for the o2 sensor so my WRX would not pass EURO3 emission restrictions... I dunno about the legal situation in Belgium..
So imho FMF just isn't worth the hussle for us fucked Europeans.

But the LeoVince runs great, top notch quality.. get it, you will not regret it.

oh and i almost forgot, it also comes with a plug for the o2 sensor plunge, if you want to drive without o2 sensor and use a PC III or similar... but again, wouldn't pass emission restrictions here so it's a no go. it plain SUCKS.

Going to install the K&N air filter tomorrow...

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks for your reply electroretard ;)

Yes, my bike meets up to Euro 3 environment standards. I guess I've got the O2 sensor then?

In Belgium, the Leovince costs around 450 € :hammer:
So I'm kind of having second thoughts regarding the price difference with e.g. a FMF.

On the other hand, as you said the Leo comes with several types of DB-plugs, which is great!

I don't want a super loud exhaust, just enough to let others know I'm riding the streets too :D With the stock exhaust, that definately isn't the case, it's way too quiet....

Also, your bike looks awesome with the Leo on :bowdown: I also got a black one with the same decals ;)

Let me know how it runs with the K&N filter mounted ;)

Grtz!

·
Registered
303 Posts
FMF is not legal here in Singapore... but here's the direct comparison between a LV slip on and Delta full system

We have the Euro model too here, but I am not exactly sure how far the O2 sensor will compensate, so I went with the PCIII eventually

Boy I was glad... with the PCIII, the A/F ratio can be fine tuned and be soooo smooth

and resulting in :arsenal

PS: the blue line was obtained with a map from a R loaded to my PCIII

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
street legal ? no aftermarket exaust is street legal.go read the side of your stock pipe....but, i run an fmf q4,with fmf programer,without the programer a modded stock pipe was better.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts