SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently got what I believe to be, though someone else can confirm, a smokin' deal on two very nice in-the-box brand new black Excel Takasago rims laced to their gold Pro Series universal hubs. One was a showroom display bike rim that's only ever had a tire mounted, never ridden, while the other is literally NEW and untouched...$400... though the rear is only a 4.25" I settled for it because I figured the deal seemed so good that I could easily buy a 4.5" or 5.0" rim and get it laced up if I ever felt I really wanted and still have not spent anywhere near their new list price.

I know their hubs are universal so I should simply order the ones that works for my 2005 WR450f...but looking at Excel's website: http://www.rkexcelamerica.com/mx_pro_series.html
I noticed that they have new "Excel Pro Series G2" hubs and matching carriers on which they comment:
"New G2 carriers feature an interlocking groove that mates with G2 hubs for increased strength"

My question is, how do I know if I have "G2" hubs or not? They look just like the ones on Excel's website but I don't see a "G2" on either of 'em.
Excel doesn't seem to say if their interchangeable which is interesting because if you look in their 2011 application chart they only list this new G2 series of carrier rings...so I hope they'd be interchangeable. I found another smoking deal on the carrier rings I think I need for $250 front and rear...but no vendors say if their Excel carriers are G2 series though their part numbers seem to be the same as their pre-G2 counterparts.

WTF? :headscrat

·
Registered
115 Posts
i also have excel pro serie's wheels, and i have a different logo on the hubs and my wheels are a few years old... (so i guess i would look at the logo....)

i do not know anything more then you do, maybe you can look at the 2010 catalogue or something? or contact excel or the importer? either way lett us know when you know more! greets Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts