SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the CBR600F2 wheels ... bead blasted and ready for powder coat... But I am not mechanically inclined enough to figure out what needs machined etc... to make them work... any one have exact instructions ? measurements etc... ? ? ? Big time super moto Newb ... Sport bikes and Dirt bikes ... Sold alot of stuff to buy my dream house (nice house dream garage lol) and now i need a dual purpose bike I will toggle wheels back and forth !

Please help Thanks all !

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
imho making sportbike wheels fit without having the technical know how is a bad idea to begin with. a lot needs modding, not just the wheels so it seems. would be easier to just relace your dirthubs with some 17 inch rims but........

I reckon if anyone knows what to do it'll be kubiak or PingKing since they have tackled several simular builds. couple of usefull threads floating around as well but nothing with exact measurements or procedures to make your wheels fit.

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/show...00-F3-mag-wheel-swap....&highlight=cbr+wheels

if you want that you're gonne have to contact someone who has done the same thing before. I say shoot kubiak a mail or PM, he's still active on here.

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=263

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Ping is the best when it comes to stuff like this. I am always PM'ing him and asking him for techinal advice.:D

I will have to agree with Skully. Just relace you stock hubs. I took a bolt cutter to my stock spokes. Then relaced my stock hubs with a set of Excels I found off fleabay for $200. Then bought a set of spokes from Buchanan for $89 a set. Not bad considering a set of Excel's with Talon hubs are like $1200 a set.

I would just do the bare min. to get rolling. Then figure out the rest as you go.

·
Registered
626 Posts
But he's looking are swapping his wheels back and forth between SM and knobbies... these guys are dead on though, lot of work. If I were you I'd search ebay for a set of stock hubs for your bike and then try and find a deal like SVpimpin did on rims. A lot less fooling around.. good luck with it:thumbup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you don't get your answers I can get you the measurements you need in a week or 2.
I'm moving this weekend so it'll be a little while before I can get the wheels off.
Be warned it's a lot of work to get them machined, but the reward is nice.

·
Registered
187 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts