SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi junkies,

I just talked to a dealer here in Sweden regarding mapping of my (soon to be delivered:D) 2012 690 SMC. He told me that they have no evo1/akrapovic-mappings for the 2012's yet, which seems a bit strange since they've been out on the market for a while.

Anyone else on this awesome forum that have received the same information?

/Rickard

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it is available. I have Wings pipe and Evo 1 air box with K&N flat filter. My dealer in Portugal had to ask head office for 2012 SMCR update and he got it.
This is great news! :D Thank you very much!

Satisfied with your mods and the Evo1-map? Big improvement compared to stock?

/R

·
Registered
13 Posts
Errrm, never had it stock :) I don't need my ktms in stock form, thanks no. Euro3 stuff is for politicians not for me. I need it raw naked and brutal. And I'm totally happy with what I have.
And I'm not planing to do any other engine mods, it's good as it is, it's more then enough - derestricted. Just go riding...:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess you didn't break it in for 1000km as described in the manual then? :D

I'm a bit confused regarding the break-in. Do or don't. 1000km's is an awful lot. And there are loads of opinions on how to do this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hard run in - i was doing it before I found engine oil with metal revitalisant. I liked hard run in, but was a bit difficult every time to explain dealers why I want to dump good synthetic Motorex and refill engine with mineral oil, and then dump again after half an hour, and refill it again :)
I work in oil and gas industry and here I find or read about Metal Revitalisant element. It found in formation wile drilling oil Wells and it used in any oils as additive. What it does is giving micro ceramic coating for metal surfaces which are exposed to combination of friction and temperature. What means everything in your engine what is under friction and temperature will be coated with micro layer of ceramic which takes wear and friction away from mechanical parts from metal surfaces. Literally engine parts grow up in size. So, you don't need to run your engine like mental to get good sealing in the cylinder any more. And you can do what at any stage of the engine life.
I'm not advertising, don't want to start another "oil thread", I'm just saynig what i found and happy to use. We are using these oils on the massive generators, hydraulics, gear boxes, every there... I'm personally runing 5 ktms, subaru sti, astra, Volvo, few citroens, 2 loan movers and 2 chain saws :)
Oil is produced by Ukrainian company named Xado. I'm working directly with factory engineers because my company is buying there oils and other lubricant products in tanks not in jery cans and I have very good experience with them. Never new so much about liquid engine engineering before I met them. They even got 10w-60 race oil which is used by KTMs. But you don't have to use there oil if you don't want, enough is to add revitalizant to any oil you have. It comes in small packages. And when its in the system it lasts for 100000 kms. But I'm using there oils every where as well, because its one of the best quality oils in the world. I live in Portugal and unfortunately I can get good oil here. All big oil names whic we know are using regenerated oils which are good but not so stable at hard work and are loosing there quality at that point when its mostly needed.

Just my 2¢ about run-in :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
" can't " was my meaning :)

Try xado.com or xado.us

Once I found on eBay Ukrainian seller but he was asking for 100€/4L of 10w-60 oil :))) Normal price is around 50-60€/4L.

And it's Ukrainian not Polish company.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I just read the stuff on their website. I want to believe it because it would be a miracle cure all for engines, but it seems to good to be true and therefore likelt is, And the part that says its "self-regulating"? How can a chemical do that? Why wouldn't these guys make a crazy fortune selling their discovery to all the major oil companies instead of selling it themselves on their own site? Because it doesn't do what it claims. It appears a marketing scam on all levels.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Guys, I'm afraid we are going to far away from OP :)

Okay, its going to be last time... Self regulating as I understand means if there is one of the fisical conditions - heat or friction or metal is missing or the relation between the factors is different then coating will be different.

Why it's not getting big? I don't know. But I can guess, small company with small recources drilling and producing this element which is not cheap to do against big oil fishes and to get costumer trust is not so easy as well. Company is not young, it's known from old soviet times only it was called different then. And there is also "Ukrainian" factor - I mean it maybe not so easy to survive or grow of the political or other reasons. But as I have spoken with some of my colleagues from eastern Europe the brand is very well known and well respected.

But anyway, I don't feel good to continue this discussion in this thread and I'm sorry, o.p. riwen, for hacking his thread a bit. More questions or discussions on this subject should be done in new or "oil" thread.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But anyway, I don't feel good to continue this discussion in this thread and I'm sorry, o.p. riwen, for hacking his thread a bit. More questions or discussions on this subject should be done in new or "oil" thread.
No problem!
I'll add this to the list of possible break-in-options! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts