SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is it too early to be excited for this event? It's only a month away:bannana:
Last Year was my 1st and I had an absolute blast! Weather was excellent, racing was great and everyone was super friendly. Had a great showing of racers from all over the place!
Plenty of stuff going on all weekend to keep a guy busy and downtown is a madhouse at night!
Who's planning on making the trek over?

·
Registered
203 Posts
So is it too early to be excited for this event? It's only a month away:bannana:
Last Year was my 1st and I had an absolute blast! Weather was excellent, racing was great and everyone was super friendly. Had a great showing of racers from all over the place!
Plenty of stuff going on all weekend to keep a guy busy and downtown is a madhouse at night!
Who's planning on making the trek over?
Can't make it this year... But I really want to. No money for it this year. Next year fo sure.

·
Banned
19 Posts
Regarding costs, the most expensive required part of a trip like this is the gas. I pitched a tent in the pits last year, and being in the pits is the funnest place to be. I hated, when staying in a hotel, feeling the need to go back to the hotel when others were hanging in the pits socializing. I certainly hated having some drinks and then driving back to the hotel. Maybe Lee can work on an area at the pits for setting up tents? If not this year, maybe next year? Camping negates the hotel costs, and you will have more fun.

Entry fees for the whole weekend are minimal, and packing a cooler full of sandwich fixings saves from eating out.

So, if you have the vacation time, the biggest required cost is one that can be shared... I am sure there are others that would like to share that cost, maybe have more company on the road, or might even need to share the costs to be able to go. So, post up and PM amongst yourselves to make this work.

I am riding a street bike out there because I am not racing this year, but I love the event and don't want to miss the adventure, both of getting there and being there. I hope that the community can come together and help more people go to this amazing event.

See you there!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Poster should be mailed out early next week. I should have it emailed out to everyone also. You can register starting tomorrow on xtrm or just send it in with payment to my address if you want to register and pay with a check. I will see if Ron or Mark can get it on the website ekdayssupermoto.com soon. Gonna be epic and I will see if i can get them to mow that field this year for camping, I had asked last year but it wasn't until I got there so it never happened.:clap:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got my poster:bannana:
Camping really wasn't bad last year....but then again I've also been known to camp out on the pavement at PGP! It's nice because you are within walking distance of everything.
Are there showers anywhere in Butte a guy could use? I know after a day of racing I was kinda ripe, luckily last year friends had a room but I won't be that lucky this year.

·
Registered
235 Posts
There is a YMCA at the bottom of the hill, and it has a big pool and indoor water slide. Its a nice place they just built a couple years ago.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
How was the racing, big turnout of riders?

·
Registered
250 Posts
What Jason said, if you didn't go you missed out on a great weekend of fun riding, great company and free entertainment you usually would have to pay top dollar for. There isn't a much better time than EK days in my book!

Was awesome this year crowd was all the way around the track watching, don't get that anywhere else but EK days. (and I do mean period)

Rick

·
Registered
58 Posts
Rick, lots of fun this weekend. Thanks for our battle! You are one hell of a rider and good guy!

Gary

·
Banned
19 Posts
To those that partied in the pits Friday and Saturday nights: what a riot those nights were! I met some great people, and the destination was well worth the trip because of the company and the excitement. I enjoyed watching the races, especially the fast guys, and I enjoyed hanging out. Next year it is back to racing.

Jake won the pro class, with Joe Kopp in second and Cole in third. All Cole needs is some engine work on that 450 and Jake is going to have his hands full.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
What Jason said, if you didn't go you missed out on a great weekend of fun riding, great company and free entertainment you usually would have to pay top dollar for. There isn't a much better time than EK days in my book!

Was awesome this year crowd was all the way around the track watching, don't get that anywhere else but EK days. (and I do mean period)

Rick
Bet you werent expecting to stay in 2nd when you let me around you! :laughingr But hey you wanted to put on a show for the crowd, so I bet they enjoyed seeing the underdog hold you back! Hopefully next year I wont be quite so far behind you..

Did anyone get videos/pictures? My GoPro died, so all I have is some lonely practice footage..

Anyone who has not been, needs to go to EK days. This was my second year and I dont plan on missing any in the future. See you guys next year!

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
It killed me not being there.

Still trying to close off that last chapter of life (99% of the way there) that has kept me off the racetrack the last couple years.
You missed out Ron! Hope things work out for ya. See you next year!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts