SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a G650Xmoto - has anyone else had the problem of the paint peeling off the front of the engine. if so, what paint did you use to repaint the areas?

i have some big bits to paint (but i'm not taking the engine out)

would a gloss high temp paint be ok?

looking to get my bike looking like new again.

cheers for any help that you guys may provide.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Any high temp paint should do the trick. just clean up the area and maybe scuff it up with a scotch brite pad or something to help the paint stick. I would say go for a flat or satin black though because the engine doesn't seem to glossy even when its very clean. I have had good luck with GM engine enamel, the color seems good, it goes on easy and dries relatively fast. I haven't had any on long enough to see how durable it is but it should hold up well.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers pal. will look into getting something soon. then think i may make something like a bash guard (but cheaper) from some ally sheet to protect it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Oh yea I forgot the moto doesn't come with a gaurd or anything. i have the challenge so i have a small stock bash plate that protects the front of the motor from road debris. If you are a member on advrider there are plenty of people with challenges getting rid of their stock bash plates for bigger more protective ones, you could probably pick one up cheap or even free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts