SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, that would be us. All you local "special" fella's with those funny looking dirtbikes can hit a local paved cart track this June 29th if you want. Hrs are 9:00 to 3:00, cost is a mere $25 and the day is Sunday 6/29. Not sure about the nessesary bike prep requirements yet but I'm on it.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Yup, that would be us. All you local "special" fella's with those funny looking dirtbikes can hit a local paved cart track this June 29th if you want. Hrs are 9:00 to 3:00, cost is a mere $25 and the day is Sunday 6/29. Not sure about the nessesary bike prep requirements yet but I'm on it.
:thumbup:

·
4,852 Posts
Why dont you guys come practice and race with us Saturday at the track in Darlington, then ride the track in Elgin on Sunday? You get to practice on two tracks and race on one in the same weekend! Here is more information.
http://www.semra.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2970

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm all about it! I would love to be able to go as fast as I want, pass at will, and back it in a lil'. Put me down on the roster. Any word on the requirements Goose? i.e. wire ties, anti-freeze, etc.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The track goes by SEMRA safety rules.

http://semra.org/techinsp.htm

Not completely true. The track days have more relaxed requirements than race days. The last time I was at an Elgin track day the only requiements were no antifreeze and taped headlight. I've got an email to the powers that be at the track and have asked if that's the same, I'll report back what I hear.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
The track manager and I have been talking about adding a dirt section. If we start showing decent numbers............it will happen!

We have all 3 catch tanks in stock.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The track manager and I have been talking about adding a dirt section. If we start showing decent numbers............it will happen!

We have all 3 catch tanks in stock.

im on the very edge of getting my bike done in time..

will the redbull can ziptied work for one weekend? i plan to weld up a real trick custom stainless tank for my bike, but i dont think i'll have enough time. (and im currently out of stainless.)

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Track day requirements

Ok guys I've gotten everything from Semra and Elgin track veterens saying to do all the race day safety requirements posted by Semra themselves for an open track day at Elgin, to a PM from Rob Bush (who coordiates the Elgin track days for Semra) when I asked about some of us coming down that said and I quote; "no worrys if they don't have something we just ask to fix it for next time, hope to you guys can make it."

So I guess it's up to you how much prep you wanna do. I plan to run WaterWetter in the bike plus unplug and tape my lights. I'm not going to bother with any catch-cans or safety wiring anything.

Sorry this isn't more conclusive but I'm just passing on what I can gather.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I may make an appearance. Depends on if I stay at the hotel after Darlington or not. I won't have anything to ride, but I may stop by for a while to bs (and maybe sneak a few test rides...) :)

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
In!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My bikes on the work-stand tonight getting ready. I had to fix a busted radiator mount so while I'm at it I'm doing a valve adjust, new plug, service the airfilter, radiator flush, oil change, tire swap, oil plug saftey wiring and pull off the lights and tag. Should I leave my horn on? Braaaaaaaap, meep meep...braaaaaaaaaaap, meep meep :hmmm: :lol:

Whooo Hoo can't wait. :thumbup: :bike:

And Stumpy, you know you can ride my Husky whenever you want.... provided it's on the first Tuesday of every 3rd month when the moon is full, the tide is waning and it's snowing in hell. R.I.P. your poor YZ, I know better.

J/K, you can ring 'er out at Elgin, I don't care.

Anybody heard from Chase?

And glad yer coming Steve, we'll finally get to ride together. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts