SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are only 8 rooms left at the Copperking Hotel so if you haven't got one you better get it before Saturday the 12th. We also are down to one week of pre sign up at xtrm.com I would like to keep doing this event but it will take a good showing of SM riders to keep it coming back.:thumbup:

P

·
0 Posts
As usual, I procrastinated and missed out on the Copperking Hotel, which means I won't be hanging with the gang, at least not as easily.

It was easier to procrastinate knowing I had five rooms still booked at another local hotel...

I am on the waiting list for the Copper King in case there is a cancellation, and the list is not a long one at this time.

The reason I post this is so that anyone else who has procrastinated can let me know if I should keep one of my other rooms available. I will likely hold them until I have to cancel them, but the potential of them getting claimed is going to get higher and higher, so don't wait to pipe up.

·
Registered
498 Posts
EK Track Map?

Is there a track map posted somewhere for the EK Daze race? I though I heard someone mention seeing it on-line.

On a somewhat related note, what are y'all doing to fill the week on the road between Spokecompton and Butt Mount Errr, um... Butte, Mt.?

Silverwood Theme Park?
Whore houses in Wallace, ID?
Gay Rodeo in Billings with Brian and Plammer?
Lint museum in Post Falls?

Anyone know of any really nice parks or camp grounds to spend a couple days hiking and/or trout fishing?

Let's hear YOUR suggestions for clean family fun.
(I'm skipping Wallace on *this* trip)

Thanks,
Tyler

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Tyler, there is a map of the event and schedules of events on the Evil Knievel Site.

Map of events:
http://www.knieveldays.com/event_map.php (oh wait, it comes up blank).

Schedule:
http://www.knieveldays.com/schedule.php

Our plan is to hang out in Mica (Jen's cousin lives about a mile from Joe Kopp) until monday. Maybe Silverwood tuesday. Wednesday is open, Thursday we are going to head to Butte.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fishing - rock Springs is 15 minutes past Missoula and is the best fly fishing in the world off I-90. River runs through it was filmed there. Every time I go there I see at least 3 Moose, Goats and deer on the road. just drive up the road and pick a hole.

Butte has some of the best trail riding I have ever been on just 5 minutes from town.

Yellowstone entrance is close to Butte and lots of tours go through Anaconda mine and Butte.

Silver Mtn. has a new water park with indoor surfing.

I have the track going on Mercury st. through a bus stop like Redmond OR. down a hill on Broadway into the old go-Kart track and a banked turn then into a paved access road below the park and into the dirt section. From there we go up a step up hill into the Rec parking lot and a few 180's and back onto Mercury and under the bridge.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Wow, what a response!

Thanks guys!

I'm swamped @ work but I *think* I can make this happen.

We'll make the final decision tonight.

Any body have room for a bike and some gear?

Cheers,
Tyler

·
Registered
614 Posts
Is there a track map posted somewhere for the EK Daze race? I though I heard someone mention seeing it on-line.

On a somewhat related note, what are y'all doing to fill the week on the road between Spokecompton and Butt Mount Errr, um... Butte, Mt.?

Silverwood Theme Park?
Whore houses in Wallace, ID?
Gay Rodeo in Billings with Brian and Plammer?
Lint museum in Post Falls?

Anyone know of any really nice parks or camp grounds to spend a couple days hiking and/or trout fishing?

Let's hear YOUR suggestions for clean family fun.
(I'm skipping Wallace on *this* trip)

Thanks,
Tyler

Brian's not going to this race, so I think the Gay Rodeo has changed venu from Billings to Brian's house. If you don't go to MT, you can check out the rodeo at Brian's. I think he said you get free oil with admission, but don't understand what he meant by that...

Hope you make it to MT, sounds like it'll be a blast. See you there if you do.

PLammer #73

PS - with stuff like this going on http://www.seattlecossacks.com/images4/747.jpg I'm amazed Brian is skipping this event...

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
This whole thing is killing me!
I can't make this one, (and I feel actual pain:headshake)
but for those that are going and camping...here's a tip. BUG SPRAY! And lot's of it! The moose-kito's are HUGE and THIRSTY!:eek:

I'm originally from Missoula...I know.

BTW-I have a family thing outside of Missoula (Hamilton) on Saturday...still not 100% if I'm going to make it...but if I do, I'll stop in Spokane on Sunday to watch you guys race for a bit on my way home!

Have FUN and represent well!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Fishing - rock Springs is 15 minutes past Missoula and is the best fly fishing in the world off I-90. River runs through it was filmed there. Every time I go there I see at least 3 Moose, Goats and deer on the road. just drive up the road and pick a hole.

Butte has some of the best trail riding I have ever been on just 5 minutes from town.

Yellowstone entrance is close to Butte and lots of tours go through Anaconda mine and Butte.

Silver Mtn. has a new water park with indoor surfing.

I have the track going on Mercury st. through a bus stop like Redmond OR. down a hill on Broadway into the old go-Kart track and a banked turn then into a paved access road below the park and into the dirt section. From there we go up a step up hill into the Rec parking lot and a few 180's and back onto Mercury and under the bridge.
AHHHH Montana!! Where men are men and sheep are scared:D

P

·
0 Posts
ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod....

As it gets closer I get more wound up.

A little bit of advice to all... be prepared for anything. At this point I don't think anyone will be changing their minds based on this, so I will share my thoughts...

I am going with the assumption that anything can happen at this. We will be racing through the streets of a small town with 50,000-plus spectators NOT contained in a grandstand, which could be a nightmare to control. I realise that this event has been happening for a long time and the town has experience running it, but we should expect the unexpected while out on the track - idiots crossing the street, trash thrown onto the street, etc. We should make sure all of our stuff is secure while we are on the track, sleeping at night, off watching the other happenings, etc. This will be the event of a lifetime if we go mentally prepared.

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The EK board did change the schedule a little on Friday. We need to bump up the practice to 11-4 and the team race at 4. They start staging the loop ride at 5:15 and we need to be done by then. I am going to check on the ride it may be open for us to ride in with SM bikes. Don't be scared Patrick just grab a beer from the guy on the track and go with it.:thumbup::thumbup:

P

·
0 Posts
That is the attitude I am going to have, but it helps to not be surpised. I do not expect an ultra-smooth event because of the nature of it, so it will be hard to disappoint me. Just trying to get everyone else prepared so we can all have a killer time.

By the way, the "loop ride" isn't that ball that they run a motorcycle inside of is it? Who's gonna do that from our crowd??? Just kidding, if it is the parade, I'd certainly like to be in on that.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ron why did you have to go there its bad enought having the image of Brian naked but now Patrick.Ew gross i'm trying to eat i just throw up in my mouth :laughingr.But on a diffrent note i wish everyone the best on your travels and the race wish i was going but going to vegas with wife instead :thumbup:

P

·
0 Posts
Ron, it’s your loss... I was going to let you shave “SupermotoUSA.net” into my back hair for advertising. Oh well. Actually, I am so damn hairy I can never really be naked. I wear clothes to cut back on the wind drag. Corey, I hope you were in the middle of eating again.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts