SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into upgrading my braking system, as I'm running stock with the addition of an aftermarket rotor and pads.
After the purchase of the bike, I'm on a very tight budget. Looking for a budget option, that will perform.
Thinking about the EBC Kit:
http://www.motostrano.com/EBC-Performance-Supermoto-Brake-Kit-p/kit-ebc.htm

320mm rotor, caliper relocation bracket, bads, SS brake line, and fluid, for $304.

For further reference, a picture of the bike, 2005 CRF450X

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Get a trx450 master and you will be happy. After that do a ss braided line

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Just noticed u said u have an after market rotor but didn't say if its 320. If u don't have a 320 rotor get that first then the master. If u just ride on the street it doesn't really matter what brand

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get a trx450 master and you will be happy. After that do a ss braided line
That much of an improvement huh? Without much investigation, how much would a master cylinder run?
Just noticed u said u have an after market rotor but didn't say if its 320. If u don't have a 320 rotor get that first then the master. If u just ride on the street it doesn't really matter what brand
Just a cheapo aftermarket stock size "wave" rotor, previous owners doing.
I do 100% street riding, most discs are created equal? The second person to recommend a master cylinder, there must be something to it...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Yea I have the warp 9 rotor with the stock caliper, stock line, and yfz450 master. I have all the braking I would ever want. Got the master with lever for 30 shipped off ebay.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
The 320 rotor and stainless line would be a good first step.
I would definitely do that before replacing the master.
As to the EBC kit, I am not a huge fan of EBC stuff but I do not hate them either. There have been a few people who have had issues with the EBC relocation brackets not fitting correctly. If you get the EBC kit make sure that the pads properly engage the rotor.
If you upgrade the line, pads, and disc, and still want more at that point you could consider the master, caliper, or both.
I am a Brembo cast iron fan, but they are not as common in supermoto. On my DRZ I ran the stock SM rotor with the EBC Pro Extreme pads and stainless line and had awesome brakes. They ran hot as hell but never faded and the power was like an aircraft carrier landing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi I ran an EBC 320mm rotor with stock master cylinder on my CRF450R racing supermoto but there was not enough front brake. however if just for street use, it should be fine. I just upgraded to the motomaster 320mm 4 piston caliper and had to change the rotor as well, so I have an EBC with relocator that was used 3 times before being swapped out if interested.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I race pro moto on trx450s and i noticed the brake master was bigger and debated using it on my 05 crf450x with moto master 320 front kit and ebc extreme duty pads is it that big of a gain?
yea it makes a big difference. 2 brakes on a quad vs 1 on a bike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just did the supermoto conversion with the warp9 as i was rerouting my brake cables my stock one just busted im having somewhat of a problem finding one , can anyone point me in the right direction? Would be much appreciated

1 - 13 of 13 Posts