SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my universal DRC Edge2 tail light yesterday. It came without any instructions and I guess that's just the way it is when it's universal.

I have ripped the back end of the bike apart now and fitted the Edge2 on the bracket - that was pretty straight forward and I think it actually looks pretty good with just the stuff from the universal kit (I can post pictures when it is all hooked up :)).

The original tail light has a green, a blue and a yellow wire going to it. Also the light for the license plate has some separate wires. I figured the green has to be for the stop light (since it is not connected to anything else) and the yellow has to be for the back light (since it is also connected to the license plate light) and the blue has to be ground (since it is connected to everything :D)

The Edge2 tail light has a black, a yellow and a red wire. What goes where? And do I just cut off the stock license plate light and leave it?

Most of the wiring stuff I have seen here involves a 12oclock board (or something like that I think) and I figured that is when you also want LED turn signals - I'm just keeping the stock ones so I can't really use those...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On the Edge2 it seems the black wire is ground, the yellow is power and the red is brake :clap:

I fitted it with some spare computer components so I can unhook the whole taillight section with ease. That allows to bike to "slip into something more comfortable" with only the removal of four bolts :bannana:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts