SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the pics!!
Very cool.... Never seen one with off-set rubbers like that!! Makes it so you get move cush in the rebound direction than in the drive direction.
Since I haven't worked on every brand of bike... Has anyone seen off-set rubbers like that before?? Everything I have seen has had equal amounts of rubber on each side.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ok... Makes sense!!! I ordered sumo hubs from Kevin @ Warp9 about a year ago. He told me they developed the hub for the CR450F and were able to adapt it to the XR650L.... Anyhow they basically copied the best cush drive they could find, and that was the KTM!! (That had equal rubber on both sides.)
Sometimes all you have to go by is your own personal experiences! 😱

·
Registered
43 Posts
NICE looking bike!!! Hope you post another with the cast wheels on.... I like the extra protection that a cush drive offers, especially on these bigger bore thumpers. After much reading, it appears the front sprocket/shaft wear is mostly to do with rider style. The problems seem to come to those who lug the bike in a higher gear.
Keith

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looking Good!!! Looks like you got them painted??
Ya, I loaned my Sumo to a buddy to do the class, It was a much better choice than the Big Dog chopper thing he had bought!
Post up a nice side pic when you get both ends done!
Keith

·
Registered
43 Posts
Definitely SHARP!!! I don't know, to me , that looks sooo much better than the pic at the beginning of the thread.
Please keep us posted on how they perform and hold up after some use.... I have a XR650R that is going to get sumo-ed and is a toss-up between these and the Warp9 Stiletto's..... But, there is a huge $$$ difference also.
Keith

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good lookin'!!!! Nice background for the pic!!
Meant to ask you before... do those rims spin nice and straight when new?? I read somewhere someone complaining that the mags were not perfectly straight, as received.
Keith

1 - 8 of 8 Posts