SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'll be there rockin my 110 as long as the leg heals from SandyHook. Actually I'll be there either way, screw the leg.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Hey Edwin, do these practices take place on the big track without dirt? Or in the parking lot on the old SM track?

·
Registered
46 Posts
there is practice until 5pm. After 5pm TSMMR has pocketbike races which includes a NSR50 class. Normally each class get three practice sessions, a heat race, and a main event. Trophies are given out afterwards.

·
Registered
365 Posts
is there a wheel size limit there?
ive wanted to ride that track for a while but they dont use it anymore...even for the kinds of shifters we run at sandy hook

·
Registered
46 Posts
John rides both his bikes up there. I'll ask the TSMMR race director and let you know.

·
Registered
657 Posts
In the past they have limited it to 12" tires only, but at the end of last year when we ran an open practice day on the big track, they allowed John to run with his 17" set-up. They didn't care as long as it was a mini based bike <150cc and only one or two showed up. I would go here and ask so the host group, TSMMR, could answer the question.

http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=291959

Hope to see everyone there,

Dan

·
Registered
185 Posts
is there a wheel size limit there?
ive wanted to ride that track for a while but they dont use it anymore...even for the kinds of shifters we run at sandy hook
This is off the Etwon web site under "supermoto". (I wrote it)

MINI SUPERMOTOs are defined as converted motocross minis with a maximum of 85cc 2-stoke or 160cc 4-stroke, and dot tires, or slicks, no knobby tires, maximum wheel size 19".

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's fine for the practice days, but as Dan said, TSMMR, hosts the races. They rent the track after 5pm for pocketbike races. Last year they opened the racing up to NSR 50's mostly with some motards. You would need to ask them about racing motards.

·
Registered
185 Posts
That's fine for the practice days, but as Dan said, TSMMR, hosts the races. They rent the track after 5pm for pocketbike races. Last year they opened the racing up to NSR 50's mostly with some motards. You would need to ask them about racing motards.
FWIW, the guy who i was answering didn't ask about racing, he just asked if there was a wheel size limit "there".
As well, my buddies have raced with the pocket bike guys on their motarded CRF150's.

·
Registered
46 Posts
FWIW, the guy who i was answering didn't ask about racing, he just asked if there was a wheel size limit "there".
As well, my buddies have raced with the pocket bike guys on their motarded CRF150's.
That's true. All I'm trying to do is let them know that there is racing after 5pm on 6/28 and 9/20. But at that time the rules change and as of right now there is a wheel limit of 12" to race with TSMMR. Below are the two classes.

Superbike 50 - 12 inch wheels
50cc - 65cc 2-stroke machines based on Superbike rules
Up to 125cc 4-stroke machines based on Superbike rules

Formula 80 - 12 inch wheels
66cc to 85cc 2-stroke machines based on Formula rules
126cc to 150cc 4-stroke machines based on Formula rules

1 - 14 of 14 Posts