Registered
1,088 Posts
Ummm. you got a fuel programmer?

Tell us more please.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
let me know if anyone wants one.. im ordering mine this week and i can order a few more.. they are $317..

Fine tune your engine while it's running!

Installed in parallel with the original CPU

Made with aluminum casing and dual controls.

Very easy and fast installation, only 2 wirings to connect.

You don't need a laptop or pc for installation or to test it on a dyno.

Can be regulated while the engine is on and running.

Can be turned off immediatly.

Works with all exhaust types.

Why do you need it:

It increases the engine power, especialy at low and mid RPM.

Improves throttle response/acceleration.

Solves common carburation problems when installing aftermarket

exhausts.

Solves the lean mixture issue very common with euro regulated bikes.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Can I get more info?

Does that unit stay on the bike or do you just plug it up, make programming changes, and then unplug it leaving just a connector wired into your wiring harness?

Can it be used on more than one bike?

If it just a few preset maps or can you make custom maps?

Does is just make fueling changes or can it do timing, idle, etc...?

Thanks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stays on the bike.. you manually adjust the settings on it.. only adjusts fueling.. its basically just like rejetting a carb.. only can add or take away fuel..

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
OK, that's not bad cause I know how to jet my dirt bikes so I can just make changes.

How many circuits does it adjust? Does it just have low/ mid/ high or what? Does it just give + or - 5% fueling? Will I have enough room to adjust for an open air box for instance?

How physically large is this thing? There is no freakin' room on these bikes ya know?

Will the stock computer still be able to compensate for altitude etc?

What is this thing called?

It says you can change fueling while the bike is actually running?! That's really cool.

What do people know about the Tuneboy? Is it similiar or can it do a bunch more?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it has two adjustments from what i can see.. it will be my first time using one as well.. wish i had more info.. dont know about tuneboy..

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
We need to keep this one going IMO.

Biohazard, can your product lean out the mixture as well as richen it up? Some of these simple products can not.

And a general question for everybody: TuneBoy or Powercommander? Both products are soon to be released for the 690 but I really don't understand the pros/ cons of each. Please advise.

Thanks!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Yea good luck with the Power Commander! Maybe get released next decade! As for Tuneboy I am sent them many emails with zero reply! Great business goings on there!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Tuneboy is moving their warehouse and offices, so they are swamped.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Oh, and Tuneboy is better than PCIII. It gives you more to work with, you can turn off the FI light for the EPA crap and turn off the 1-2 gear retard with it, and the mapping is better.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I shot an e-mail off to Tuneboy and Emma responded to me overnight and this is what she said in regards to availability: "We are near to completing the 690 software. It is at the final stages of testing. We should have it finished shortly. I will drop you a line when it has been finalised for sale."

I asked some more questions in my next e-mail.

I spoke to the guys at AF1 about mapping the bike and they explained several shortcomings as they see it w/ the Tuneboy product so I'm trying to get clarification.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The PCIII actually mounts on the bike, where-as the Tuneboy re-flashes the ECU with a new map.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I want one

PM me if / when you hear something , grazie
I shot an e-mail off to Tuneboy and Emma responded to me overnight and this is what she said in regards to availability: "We are near to completing the 690 software. It is at the final stages of testing. We should have it finished shortly. I will drop you a line when it has been finalised for sale."

I asked some more questions in my next e-mail.

I spoke to the guys at AF1 about mapping the bike and they explained several shortcomings as they see it w/ the Tuneboy product so I'm trying to get clarification.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts