SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Junkies,

I might have an opportunity that some of you would find interesting. I just recently picked up a completely stock 2009 DRZ400SM from a kid in NY. He was the first owner, and had barely ridden it (2k miles). I knew even before I picked it up that I was going to have to do some work in order to even have a chance of keeping up with @eawood and his built CRF450X. Ok, let's be honest, all I can really ever hope for is for him to miss a shift... but that's besides the point.

I knew a few things were going to happen immediately:
- 3x3 airbox mod
- MRD/SSW pipe
- 39mm FCR jetted to match

Other than bits and pieces (fenders, headlight, tail light clean up kit, etc) these are the only heavy mods I'm going to do this summer. I have my pipe on order already from MRD and I will be ordering the FCR friday from Sisneros. As of today, the bike still sits completely stock (haven't done the 3x3 yet either). I am going to buy a few dyno runs so I can document my build better. My initial thought was that I was going to dyno each of my modifications in sequence. Something like this:

- completely stock
- 3x3 mod with proper jetting
- pipe & 3x3 with proper jetting
- carb, pipe & 3x3 with proper jetting

However, I wanted to open the opportunity up to this community to see any of the following runs:

- completely stock
- completely stock with improved jetting
- 3x3 mod with proper jetting
- pipe with proper jetting
- carb with proper jetting
- pipe & 3x3 with proper jetting
- carb & 3x3 with proper jetting
- carb & pipe with proper jetting
- carb, pipe & 3x3 with proper jetting

These are the only combos I can think of. If you can think of anything else you would want to see, please let me know.
In any event, I will be posting all mods and associated dyno runs I end up doing in the Project Build Showcase.

Also, just for grins, here are my thoughts for the next 12 months.

- Factory Connection re-spring/valve
- Higher compression piston
- Cam
- Maybe increase CC's... haven't decided on that one yet...

And before anyone asks... I got the DRZ instead of the 450 for two main reasons:
- Oil capacity
- I found one that was gently used for a good price, before I found a 450X

Looking forward to hearing your dyno requests!

·
Registered
62 Posts
VP u4.4 and sunoco ex02 , both with proper jetting... i want to know which one to use but dont feel like spending the time to re jet

1 - 2 of 2 Posts