SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has tried to dye the stock white plastic like fenders,sidepanels and such with black rit dye. I've done rc plastic truck parts like this and it works great. I would like to try it out and dye my plastic black.
I've switched to single exhaust and have a te sidepanel on the way to replace the dual one so I might try it out on the dual panel to see how it turns out.:D

·
Registered
514 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone has tried to dye the stock white plastic like fenders,sidepanels and such with black rit dye. I've done rc plastic truck parts like this and it works great. I would like to try it out and dye my plastic black.
I've switched to single exhaust and have a te sidepanel on the way to replace the dual one so I might try it out on the dual panel to see how it turns out.:D
Give it a shot and report back. It seems like it could turn out blotchy since the panels are relatively large, but I'm interested to see how it works.

For what its worth, I'm pretty happy with the things I've received from MotoplasticsUS. ~$120 does the whole bike.

·
Registered
372 Posts
What TE side panels did you order? What year? I switched to a single pipe on mine also and wanted to change the right side number plate, where'd you get them?

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
What TE side panels did you order? What year? I switched to a single pipe on mine also and wanted to change the right side number plate, where'd you get them?
I ordered just the right side 2010 te 510 side panel to match my 2010 510smr that should be all you need .The 510smr should have same left panel as a 510te so just need the right side. I ordered from Heinens motorsports where I bought the bike from . The right panel was like $30+ something
By the way I'm still loving the sound of the single 4.1 fmf . I'll never go back to duals and I swear my bike runs better with the single.
Also I did a comparison between my new K&n and stock filter. With the k&n revving it boggs off idle then picks up . With the stock twin air it revs instant no bogg what so ever super throttle response. I couldnt believe it it so i switched back and forth 3 times and same results each time.
I did this cause I noticed when putting on my k&n filter for the first time noticed the bike didnt seem as peppy and sure enuff it was the k&n killin my bike. I have no idea why but looks even like the stock filter lets more air threw just cause the way the husky k&n is made . Its got alot of rubber blocking flow looks to me. I'm not sure but dont waste $80 on the k&n like I did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts