SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I'm looking at buying a drz this weekend and it has an fmf slip on on it already.. Now heres for the dumb part. I imagine this would work, but I thought i'd ask, If I bought a headpipe seperate, would that work just like a full fmf system? thanks guys

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I imagine it would if you bought the matching header, but I'm not sure.

Would it be cost effective over a new full system? Not sure how much the header alone goes for. And you'd still have to rejet it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
yes they are $200 can find them a little cheaper on ebay. i looked into piecing a set together and found a full system for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
With my DRZ i bought the slip on first and used the stock head pipe then when i did the jet kit and 3x3 i bought a powerbomb header and yes it went strait on and was exactly like the full system

·
Registered
316 Posts
the headers and end cans come separately with FMF, and have no problems mating up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Look around for a used PowerBomb, I found 2 people who would sell them for $100 shipped a couple months back.

·
Registered
30 Posts
me too

:bannana:i did the same thing, just got my powerbomb in, the only thing i dont like is that the header is stainless and the slip on is a different material and different color, but everything is great!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Any FMF S/O and PowerBomb combination works well. The header will give a noticeable increase in top end power. Order it up and post pics when it's installed! :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts