SuperMoto Junkie banner

duke exhaust on 690sm

701 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dodge131 
#1 ·
ooking at both bike it seems the only difference is the front fender/ headlight and wheels.. so im thinking an aftermarket exhuast for the duke should go right on the SM.. what do you think.. im trying to find some manufacturers for them..

#4 ·
I was thinking about this mod at one point for my 690sm too. The problem is that as stated previously our bikes have more travel yet the same overall height as the Duke. Usually as I'm sure you kow when you add travel you gain height. With less travel and the same height the Duke will have more ground clearance, my guess is that it needs it for the under engine exhaust. What may happen is the 2.75" difference in suspension travel would allow the Duke exhaust to hit the pavement if you use more then 5.5" of the available 8.27" of travel. Not just off road but on any surface. I never confirmed this as fact but in looking at all of the dimensions it appears that would be the case. You may be able to get more info from KTM as to why the Duke has less travel but the same over height as the SM. Good luck, hopefully someone knows for sure if the Duke exhaust would work.

#5 ·
I have both the 07 690SM and 08 690Duke and please do not put the Duke exhaust on a SM. You will bottom it on any jump. I might even put the SM exhaust on my Duke. I am not a big fan of underslug exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.