SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a dual exhaust for the 690SMC? Like the akra for the earlier smc's?!?

Grtz and thx

·
Registered
569 Posts
i'd rather have a single, less weight, just as long as it makes the most HP's and considering the SMC is only 1 HP less than the SM, makes sense to stay with a single

·
Registered
599 Posts
you could have bought a leftover 690SM and saved $1500.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like the look of the dual cans also, but looking at the bike, the plastic subframe & gastank was molded to allow room for one can, not two.......so they would have to be mounted elsewhere to make it look good.

JOHN

·
Registered
271 Posts
seems that this bloke made his own duel pipe setup, it looks that way anyways, the tank looks glassed... ?? not too sure how he did it. either way i dont see a huge gain by doing this , other than the bike looks rad .haha

·
Registered
430 Posts
Take it from someone with dual exhausts ('05 625 SMC), stick with one if you can. I guess to some it may look cool but there's no perfomance advantage and it's just more weight. On another note, thank God we in the states don't have to have those big ugly license plates. I mean, that guy goes to all that work and money to put those duals on and then he's gotta put that speed limit sign on the back. That thing is hideous! :headshake

·
Registered
271 Posts
Take it from someone with dual exhausts ('05 625 SMC), stick with one if you can. I guess to some it may look cool but there's no perfomance advantage and it's just more weight. On another note, thank God we in the states don't have to have those big ugly license plates. I mean, that guy goes to all that work and money to put those duals on and then he's gotta put that speed limit sign on the back. That thing is hideous! :headshake
agreed 100% no performance gains ,i dont plan on doing it either, but a job like that deserves to be seen by all who own 690s, lol

·
Registered
804 Posts
thats bad ass, but......

in the event of a hard crash you have the possibility of replacing two high dollar cans.. :headshake

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
that does look freaking sexy on the 690...... but the plate ruins the picture... how gd big is that thing??? he shoulda used that to dig the hole in instead of spinning the wheel haha

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts