SuperMoto Junkie banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well Since I just made the switch, here's my $.02....

The WR450 is without a doubt more fun to ride. It power wheelies with ease (sometimes too easy:headscrat), can kick the rear end out when getting on the throttle hard out of a slow corner, and to my surprise, the brakes on my WR are WAY better than my drz (feel and strength wise, brakes on the WR are stock except for an EBC rotor). Also, the WR feels way, way, way lighter...and mine is the so called "heavy feeling" steel frame model.

The one thing about the bike I don't like is how high up the bike sits. I'm not short, but i'm definitely not tall either at 5'9"...but riding the bike set up as SM, the suspension feels a little too tall. By all means, it's not aweful, but it is noticeable.

The only thing I miss about the DRZ thus far is just piece of mind knowing that I would have had a hard time blowing it up, and I kinda miss the Yellow.....however, the sickening grin and giggle the WR gives me when I crack the throttle out of a turn and the front end lofts is pure bliss. I'm really hoping my WR will hold up and after doing the research, I feel the WR will be just fine.

Did I like my DRZ?--------Loved it. The bike rode nice, didn't feel heavy (until I rode the WR) and still scoot well through the corners. The DRZ gets dogged a lot for being slow and heavy, but it is still a fun bike to ride.

Do I love my WR?-------:hitit:

Crash once told me when his buddies would jump off their DRZ's and onto his WR their eyes were the size of golf balls......I now know why. :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Well Since I just made the switch, here's my $.02....

The WR450 is without a doubt more fun to ride. It power wheelies with ease (sometimes too easy:headscrat), can kick the rear end out when getting on the throttle hard out of a slow corner, and to my surprise, the brakes on my WR are WAY better than my drz (feel and strength wise, brakes on the WR are stock except for an EBC rotor). Also, the WR feels way, way, way lighter...and mine is the so called "heavy feeling" steel frame model.

The one thing about the bike I don't like is how high up the bike sits. I'm not short, but i'm definitely not tall either at 5'9"...but riding the bike set up as SM, the suspension feels a little too tall. By all means, it's not aweful, but it is noticeable.

The only thing I miss about the DRZ thus far is just piece of mind knowing that I would have had a hard time blowing it up, and I kinda miss the Yellow.....however, the sickening grin and giggle the WR gives me when I crack the throttle out of a turn and the front end lofts is pure bliss. I'm really hoping my WR will hold up and after doing the research, I feel the WR will be just fine.

Did I like my DRZ?--------Loved it. The bike rode nice, didn't feel heavy (until I rode the WR) and still scoot well through the corners. The DRZ gets dogged a lot for being slow and heavy, but it is still a fun bike to ride.

Do I love my WR?-------:hitit:

Crash once told me when his buddies would jump off their DRZ's and onto his WR their eyes were the size of golf balls......I now know why. :thumbup:
Nuff said lol...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would rather have a WR. I bought my husky because I found it dirt cheap while searching for a WR. Parts availability is crazy, and reliability is questionable. A WR has the reliability and aftermarket parts availability rivaling that of the drz. And when put together right, are just as strong performers as the huskys.
picking up a wr450 tomo my husky sm570r has been at my mechanics for 2 years i put 8 hours on it and the decomp broke getting caught in the camchain parts are litterally impossible to get for it and cost there weight in gold if you find any worst bike i ever bought

41 - 43 of 43 Posts