SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am thinking about picking a used one up. I have done quit a few track days on my sport bikes and a couple amatuer races. I would like to pick up a SM to experiment with SM and flattrack (in a SM class). RR is just to expensive and my talent and budget have platued. I love the idea of SM. I know the DRZ is under powered for competitive racing, but I am sure my skill is well under any SM (read I suck on dirt). It would be nice to ride around on the street as well. So, I figured I could just take of the lights and such and go play. Is this practical or should I just buy a dedicated SM. I would like to pick a well moded used DRZ. If all goes well I would just keep the DRZ and upgrade to a dedicated SM, once my skill and experience warrant such. I started on an SV for RR and I think that is why I am moderatley fast on any sport bike I ride at the track now. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just got my drz this week and i love it, Ive done only mx so im a little new to the street, it does kinda feel under powered cause ive been use to a yz 450f but it will do for right now, but its a blast, seems like a good trasnfer bike from dirt to street...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts