SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a pretty much stock 07 DRZ400sm and want more power. Im thinking of doing 3x3, jet kit, full yoshi exhaust, maybe fcr 39 carb. But the question is as follows: is all this money I would spend on these mods worth it, or would it be better to sell the drz and buy a bigger supermoto, like ktm690 smc r or husky 701?

I use the bike daily as I currently don't have a car, which makes the drzs tank annoyingly small.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

S

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a drz with all those mods. It still sucked. Sure it was fun in the mountains, but there's alot of shifting required to keep it in the sweet spot. Can you go fast on it, absolutely. I honestly don't think they're worthwhile until you put a big bore on it. But then you've spent alot of money on a bike that hasn't changed in 20 years. Any one of the FI 450s blow it away.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The answer is like Rob just said... If you want a big powerful bike, theres no point in modding the DRZ, just go buy a bigger more powerful bike.
You start modding it to make bigger power, you'll end up spending a lot of money and making it less reliable... and it probably wont be enough to be meaningful.

Or you just cut your losses now, sell it as a good DRZ, and get a bigger bike that makes the power you're after. It will be more reliable, likely cheaper and work better.

So either take the DRZ as it is, or look for another bike... its one thing when the bike is what you want except for one little thing... but there comes a point where that bike just isnt want you want anymore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks chaps,

I've gone and bought the yoshi pipe and stage 2 jet kit :rolleyes2: , will do 3x3 too. (pipe doesnt come till 3rd week in April though as im British)

Then i can treat myself to a new bike in a couple of years

Appreciate the advice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts