SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the JD Jet kit today, & got the carb situated back in the bike, my last step as far as the carb went was reinstalling the throttle cables on the carb side. I installed the return cable into the bracket and onto the wheel with ease. The other cable with a curve to it was a little more difficult. I got it to seat and be snug but when I open up the throttle all the way LIGHTLY, there is the tiniest gap from where the wheel bottoms out. If I open the throttle and put a little force in WOT, the wheel will make contact with the stopping point. My question is, does the wheel have to make contact with the metal/stopping point to be considered correctly adjusted? Will that tiny gap make a difference is throttle response? With my OCD fully activated at this point, I re-adjusted the cables a trillon times to try and get it perfect but just figured I'd give it a rest before I mess something up. I know It could possibly be fine and could very well be me just over obsessing about it. I just want to make sure I do it right.

The picture with a tiny gap is with the throttle opened up all the way with the most minimal effort. The next picture with the wheel bottomed out is when I applied a little extra force on the throttle end.

P.S. Both cables have a slight amount of slack, and the throttle snaps right back when you let go. Any help would be more than appreciated.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Probably fine but there is adjustment on the cable too if I remember right. The last few years of my drz I had an fcr with a single cable so I can't recall, but I think one of the two cables has an adjuster if you pull the rubber boot back at the throttle housing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts