SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up! I have an issue and it’s a little long so bare with me! The other day my 2013 DRZ400sm would not start. Battery and all are good, all lights work and everything. I hit the button, and nothing. I did hear what SOUNDED like sort of a “frying” noise. I roll start the bike and it runs fine to get home. Still I get NOTHING when I hit the start button. So I bridge the solenoid and it activates the starter. So the starter is good! So I order a new solenoid...and install it and same thing! I bridge it and it works. I then decide to take the start button apart to clean it and I dropped something that goes on the actual button. It’s gone and never to be seen again so I ordered a new switch. What else could it be at this point other than the start button switch itself? The clutch and kickstand wires are not even in play. I’m hoping it works when I get the new switch assembly but any information is appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
It seems like you are on the right path to fixing the problem. Other than the wires themselves it seems like you troubleshot everything else

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems like you are on the right path to fixing the problem. Other than the wires themselves it seems like you troubleshot everything else
I checked the clutch safety wire once more to be sure (ITS BYPASSED) and sure enough it was not connected. I threw a wire nut on that and it fired up! I even rigged the current start button with some tin foil until the new one comes so at least I can ride!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts