SuperMoto Junkie banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I had already performed the PVC Throttle mod but I wanted to increase the throttle throw even more for faster response so I used epoxy to glue two cut pieces of 1 inch PVC pipe on top of one another and then used a Dremel to sand down and shape the top piece so that I could fit the throttle cam inside of the throttle housing. I also used a Dremel cut wheel to put a small "valley" down the center to aid in keeping the throttle cable in place and not allowing it to slide in between the cam and the housing and getting jammed up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It will be a while before I post anymore about the build. I had to leave town yet again for my over the road truck driving job and won't be back at home until December. Truck driving sucks just in case you were wondering. This is definitely my last year as a truck driver.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
1/2 Bore Rear Master Cylinder w/Built in Reservoir

Here is a pic and a link to the 1/2 Bore Rear Master Cylinder w/Built in Reservoir that I have ordered off of Ebay. The spacing/mounting is within stock specs. It looks like all I have to do is cut the pushrod down to a suitable length. It also looks like the pushrod might be the same thread as the stock unit. If so, I would be able to reuse the Zeta brake clevis I had off of the stock DRZ master cylinder.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261583657296?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
I've been messing around with the Preview App on my Mac and have been editing some old photos so that I can get an idea as to how I want to re-shape the fenders. The left side is perfect in my opinion because it will allow me to upgrade to a 6 inch long UniPod filter which will have more access to fresh air intake. Disregard the star in the top photo. It's an editing mistake that I can undo. I'm also going to be taking most of the small powder coated and anodized red parts back to the shop to have them stripped. I'm no longer a fan of the red color on the bike so I will leave the parts in raw aluminum. I have already done so with the rear brake lever tip and it looks great in raw aluminum.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Yup, home about once a month, sounds about right for being a truck driver. But they promise you you'll be home every week. The later if you don't want to make any money.

Oops, forget the topic of the post. I think modifying the radiator shrouds not too smart. As they would appear good at one angle at another angle might look funky. If your trying to get the shrouds to blend with front fender.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Front Fender

Yup, home about once a month, sounds about right for being a truck driver. But they promise you you'll be home every week. The later if you don't want to make any money.

Oops, forget the topic of the post. I think modifying the radiator shrouds not too smart. As they would appear good at one angle at another angle might look funky. If your trying to get the shrouds to blend with front fender.
I plan on quitting this truck driving thing the third week of December so I will be on the road until then without going home so that I can pay off all my bills and save up money. I modified the radiator shroud just to give it a different look, not to match the front fender. I like the look and will end up doing it along with a ton of other stuff.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'm interested in your project as I also have a 400SM. What levers are you using and hows the fit?
ASV shorty levers. The fit is fine. I had to get rid of the large left side turn signal box and go with a smaller one off of Ebay ($10) because the stock turn signal box was preventing the clutch lever from being pulled in completely. I also modified them by drilling holes in the levers. I have decided to cut the round ends off of the end of the levers but can't do that until I get back. Lot more mods to come!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Facebook Build Page

I have started up a build page and will continue posting updates there. It seems that there is much more interaction and engagement on Facebook so I will be posting on there from this point on. A lot has been done but it is still in progress and you can follow along there.
Here is the link to my Facebook build page: https://www.facebook.com/DRZ400Upgrades
Please be sure to like the page. Thanks!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)

Attachments

21 - 40 of 45 Posts