SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am new to riding SM and adjusting jetting based on parts used and altitude of riding. As it stands my '07 has a full Hindle exhaust on it. The previous owner partially adjusted the jetting on it however he told me he did not have the exact main jet for it. Right now it has a Mikuni 150 main and I am not sure of the pilot. He suggested I get a 145 main and a 22.5 pilot for proper tuning. But I would like to do the 3x3 so I know the jetting will change. How do I go about finding what the proper main and pilot would be for the stated mods and my current elevation of 6,000ft? And my other question is what type of Mikuni jets are they? Ive hear of three different types. Something like round, hex or allen??? Can anyone school me on it or provide me links? Im having a hard time searching for the answers because I really dont know what questions to ask. Thanks.

·
Registered
628 Posts
i just rejetted mine with the JDjetting kit and the instructions were pretty easy to follow. i'm in houston, where 95% of my riding is done at temps over 75*. told me to change the main needle from the blue to the red. then suggested the 145 for low altitude riding (i'm at 7 feet above see level). :lol: so it took about 30 minutes to get it done (10 of that was working on the cup screws. :rant:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just rejetted mine with the JDjetting kit and the instructions were pretty easy to follow. i'm in houston, where 95% of my riding is done at temps over 75*. told me to change the main needle from the blue to the red. then suggested the 145 for low altitude riding (i'm at 7 feet above see level). :lol: so it took about 30 minutes to get it done (10 of that was working on the cup screws. :rant:
But how do you find out what jets to use when adjusting for an aftermarket pipe and 3x3? I went ahead and bought the JD Jet kit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The JD kit will have all the instructions you need, along with a clear breakdown of jetting based on different locations and modifications. When I did the 3x3 and jetting, it made the bike slightly more powerful, and way more rideable. Low throttle power delivery is much smoother.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts