SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 DRZ400SM and I am installing a Yoshimura RS-3 slip-on with a BMC Gauze type air filter and Dynajet jet kit. I live in Mississippi so I am at sea level. In the instructions from Dynojet, the stage 2 kit says to modify the airbox by cutting a 3in x 3in hole in the top of the air box at the location of the intake snorkle and to install a 155 main jet, and turn out the fuel mixture screw 3.5 turns. I was wandering if anyone has done this and what kind of results did you get?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info., however I was not able to access anything with the supermotojunkie link.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I helped a buddy with similar mods on his 07 DRZ400SM. We re-jetted with a Dynojet kit (stage 2 as well), did the 3X3 air box mod, adjusted the fuel screw and opened up the stock exhaust. The mods really woke the bike up and made it a completely different animal. The performance increase from the mods are well worth the time and money. While you're at it though, you might as well install an after market extended fuel mixture screw.

·
4,852 Posts
Thanks for the info., however I was not able to access anything with the supermotojunkie link.
My bad.....dont know what happend. :headscrat
Go to the suzuki section in the manufactuers heading and do a search on "jetting". Thats what I did and came up with alot of results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot for the help and info for sure. I have installed everything, and yes it did help alot. The extended fuel mixture screw is alot of help. One thing for sure is the fittment of the Yosh RS-3 slip-on was spot on, and fit like a glove. Thanks for the search info. I had not thought of that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a 2008 DRZ400SM and I am installing a Yoshimura RS-3 slip-on with a BMC Gauze type air filter and Dynajet jet kit. I live in Mississippi so I am at sea level. In the instructions from Dynojet, the stage 2 kit says to modify the airbox by cutting a 3in x 3in hole in the top of the air box at the location of the intake snorkle and to install a 155 main jet, and turn out the fuel mixture screw 3.5 turns. I was wandering if anyone has done this and what kind of results did you get?
What part of MS are you from.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have an "08" DRZ400SM. I did just as you did- Dynojet, filter, & 3X3 mod. I live at about 900 above sea level. I followed the Dynojet instructions to the letter (155 main jet), and got a lot of backfires on decel. (rolling of the throttle completely) I went up two pilot jet sizes (from #22.5 to #27.5) and I think I backed the mixture screw out 2.5 to 3 turns. The backfires went away, I think it made a little better power all around too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts