SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just recently sold my 06 zx6r so I could buy a DRZ400SM. It already has a fmf pipe, 3x3 mod, and a jet kit. What should I do next? I've been doing some research and I see stuff like big bore kits, cams, fcr carb, stroker.....where to start? I definitely dont have enough cash to do all of these. Which mods would give me the most bang for the buck? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
61 Posts
fcr mx is the best bang for the buck....
buy it from eddie over at thumper talk n hell tune it for your bike.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hear alot of people talking about upgrading the brakes but I think the brakes are just fine. I only ride around town tho. No track days.

·
Registered
154 Posts
coming from someone who's bikes get crashed all the time: handguards and RUBBER KILLERS. before the rubber removers i spent half my trackdays straightening the front ends
Never heard of Rubber Killers...Will be my next mod though:thumbup:

I hear alot of people talking about upgrading the brakes but I think the brakes are just fine. I only ride around town tho. No track days.
You prbably wont get any brake fade going around town but try doing a few laps around a track or spirited riding with alot of braking....You will definately find the defination of Brake fade :lol: You just gotta get rid of the stock brake pads and upgrade to a SS line...Ideally you will want to swap out the crappy Master Cyclinder too but you can feel the difference with the latter of the 2

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
SS front brake line. Stock line wears out and causes mushy feeling. Suspension is a must. Especially if you are a larger fella. Best first mod you can do!

·
Registered
131 Posts
For straight street riding the suspension is adequate. I would definitely get a steel braided brake line for the front. The line alone is a vast improvement, a set of good pads too. I'm currently burning through a stock set of pads before I upgrade. Rubber killers replace the bushings between the handle bar mount and the top triple clamp. They get tweaked if you drop the bike and it a huge pain to get the bars straight again... ask me how I know this. I got mine from wheelingcyclesupply.com I got my handgaurds and most of my other bits from them as well. Their website isn't the greatest but the customer service is top notch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts