SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I need some help with jetting my european DRZ400SM, my current configuration is as follows:

- 3x3 mod, restricted solenoid valve, stock exhaust, Twin Air foam filter

- Mikuni 36, Dynojet Stage 2 (3110.002 - U.S. only) - 150 MJ, DJ needle, 3rd clip, 3,5 turns out (22,5)

I tried to set jetting according to manual and then change it to as above (and multiple anothers combination), but its still not the best configuration.

Here are my symptoms - Bike runs fine, fine acceleration, but has a flat spot before 6000 RPM (calculated by current gear and speed) and while cruising. After it gets over 6k RPM it runs fine and strong. Before that and while cruising there is slight hesitation. I had needle on 5th clip before (for a long time), recently i have changed it to the 3rd and its mutch better, but with hesitation as i descibed above. I want to try change needle to 4th so I will see if it helps, then try to use one size smaller main jet and needle to 2th but I want to check it with you before I will try this - I don't have all day to trying it :D

Today I was testing main jet again and I think its run a little bit better (just a little :D) without side cover -> so it's probably rich.

My questions:

Do you know on which elevation is Dynojet tested? I am on cca 400m (1300 ft) above the sea with temperatures around 23°C (73°F) so I would like to make a sure the reccomended settings for Dynojet Stage 2 will work for me. Also I read that DRZ eu model has different air jet so I am also not sure if i don't need to change anything else than what comes with DJ by default.

If you have any suggestions on jetting that may works, please comment :). Also I am enclosing current spark plug - i guess the color is ok, maybe a little bit rich.

Thank you.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts