SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What bigger aftermarket gas tank works best for a yellow DRZ? Any pics installed on bike would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
653 Posts
Acerbis makes one. Clarke makes a couple. Do a search on TT, there's tons over there b/c of the dual sports.

·
Registered
691 Posts
How did you get that mirror finish on your tank. Mine looked like shit from the manufacturer...Bike looks sharpe.:thumbup:
Thanks!

I had it painted at a body shop, unfortuanatly it didnt last long, maybe a month. The tank is now yellow agian and I may try something else. If I find something that works I will let you know.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I won't be able to post a picture until I get home, but my bike has the Clarke 3.9 in "new yellow".
It's great... the yellow matches the bike, and you can see through it well enough to check your fuel level!

Edit:

I found a picture I had posted earlier. It doesn't show most of the tank, but you can see the color. And you can see the fuel line routing that I used with the stock petcock.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I won't be able to post a picture until I get home, but my bike has the Clarke 3.9 in "new yellow".
It's great... the yellow matches the bike, and you can see through it well enough to check your fuel level!

Edit:

I found a picture I had posted earlier. It doesn't show most of the tank, but you can see the color. And you can see the fuel line routing that I used with the stock petcock.

you don't have any problems with the additional volume overflowing your float? is that why you have the fuel line like that?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts