SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My knowledge of motorcycles is very limited, so please bare with me if I didn't include any crucial information. I am in the process of converting my Drz400s 2006 to a supermoto, and I was installing the Trail Tech Vapor. I disconnected the stock speedo, and when I connected the vapor to the power supply by splicing, it did not turn on. I watched a youtube vid saying that the connector with an orange, black and red wire coming out is the power supply, so that's where I spliced. I did not use the orange as it's for key'd switch. I tried turning the key anyways with no luck. I checked voltage across the battery and it read 12.4V. I also ran a voltmeter from batterie's positive to the spliced parts. Both black and red cables read 12V, which makes sense for the neutral, but I think it means the positive is grounded somewhere. When I ran the voltmeter between the spliced cables, red and black, it read 0V, so it's completing the circuit somehow. I've also connected the stock speedo back and that did not get any power as well. So far to me, it seems like a short in the hot wire, but at this point, I don't know what to try. Is there something obvious that I am missing? Any suggestions on what I could try to find the short if it does seem like a short? Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: After I calmed down and took my time to think about it, I did the obvious thing and checked the fuse. It was blown, haven't checked if that's the only problem yet, but hopefully it'll solve the problem.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts