SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright where to start..stock carb, everything else stock. Have a problem with having the bike stay running while idling. It's fine once I pull on the throttle (except some 1/4 bog :rant: ) but once I let off the gas to let it idle it dies! I have clean this carb beyond believe, and have tried different jet sizes. I currently have a 85 Main, and 38 pilot. (both pretty new!) I had the valves adjusted last week, and my best guess would be an air leak? I tried messing with the air/gas mix screw and when I turn the idle screw in and start turning the mix screw left and hit the throttle and let it die down to idle it revs for a couple seconds then dies down! I don't know what else I can do? Besides replace it? :rolleyes:

Would it be best to get an aftermarket that will fit the stock head or fix the issue? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar issue. I got tired of fooling with it and sent it to the shop. Then another shop. Then another shop, and had to take it back to them before it was finally fixed. I sold the bike and moved on to another model. That bike ran great when it ran, but I don't think we will miss it. Always use 100% gas or it will keep happening.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem fixed! :bannana: Ordered a jetting kit..and bought some new carb bolts. PERFECT NOW! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts