SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the 100 degree weather in so cal is here.. this is the hottest weather I've ridden my bike in.

At a constant throttle, it starts to sputter and cut out a little when its completely warmed up.

Its fine if I'm on the gas completely, or off the gas completely.

It just hesitates when I'm at a steady pace. I'm not sure of the jetting, but I have the FCR 39 carb.

Is this a jetting issue?

·
Registered
45 Posts
mine too! i have a clarke 3.9 and thought it was a venting issue. i put on the vent tube that is long and runs through the front end and it has gotten alot better.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
ive had it just completly cut out when it was really hot but never sputtered. up here in the north bay above san fran it was about 106 and bike ran like a champ.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If it didn't do it in cooler weather but does it hot weather, your jetting is off. You could try going in 1/4 turn at a time on the fuel screw to see if that helps, but if it's too far out you're going to have fine tune the jetting for the heat.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I notice two of the bikes w/ stuttering issues are California bikes, and the other was a venting issue w/ an aftermarket tank. I can't help but wonder if the emissions equipment is causing the woes. Have you both properly removed the charcoal cannister and other related equipment?

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Cal bike but it has a FCR on it.

What throttle position?

0-1/4 Air screw/pilot jet
1/4-3/4 is needle
5/8-WFO is main jet.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
after thinking about it after i posted the only problems ive had with the bike is when that damn smog crap was on the bike. after doing the chop of the smog and removing the kick stand kill switch, i coundnt be happerier.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine was an Ohio bike brought to Ca.

I messed with the fuel screw and it seems better, BUT it hasn't been nearly as hot this week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts