SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am back and forth on what i want to do... I am considering maybe building a stroker motor... anybody out there who has done this and have advice on this? Yeah, yeah, I am sure everybody will chyme in saying... (just get a bigger bike) well I really don't want to get another bike at the moment... so please save your comments... If you have built a stroker motor let me know what kind of kit you put in ect... and the ups and downs to doing it. Thanks for any knowledge on this!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
SEnd it to eddie.....with a stroked and bored motor, you will also need to have your valves done and get the FCR 41 carb, as well as upgraded cams....

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
I'm one of those that says get another bike. You'll never make up the 50lbs (or more) weight difference with the HP difference you'll get. Weight is everything on a motard. Besides, I love my DRZ for what it is, and don't expect anything else from it. I don't want the engine pushed to the point it loses one of it's best traits. Just my .02

·
Registered
76 Posts
What ever you expect it to cost,add 25%,maybe more,once you start modding the engine with stroker kits and bigger bores,it then needs aditional parts like cams,valves,uprated springs,bigger carb etc,its not the parts themselves just everything needs to works as a unit,some things arnt up to the job once you start going bigger,so although they are in perfect working order,they HAVE to go !

So from thinking just increase the bore and stroke and budget for that,you soon realise its not half the bits needed,work out if when completed to its potential its still worth the expence or start off with another bike to start with.

Still worth doing though :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts