SuperMoto Junkie banner

DRZ Spongy Front Brake Lever

7K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  motofaction 
Don't know if you fixed it already but, was it spongy like that before the pads? What kind of brake fluid are you using now?
Also, you might try cracking the bleeder screw just a weeee bit with the reservoir cover off. were fluid doesn't come out of the bleeder as long as you don't have the lever pulled. Leave it for a few hours or overnight tighten and bleed as normal. Sometimes the bubbles just take a bit to work their way out.

The other option is buy a 27 dollar mighty vac and do it the easy way.

Come to think of it, even before the Stainless line it did seem a bit squishy. I've put stainless lines on pretty much every bike I've had and it always made a huge difference.

I use Castrol Dot 4 Synthetic Brake Fluid. I originally had some Prestone Dot 4, but immediately changed it.

I do need to look into a Mighty Vac though.
The Mighty Vac(Power bleeder) is a life saver and the castrol is a really good choice too I've used it in many bikes. As a suggestion you might try motul 600 or ATE superblue as an alternative next time. I know it's probably a street bike but you will get better feel and feed back from those fluids. imo

Hopefully you saw this too and it works great. We sometimes forget the simple stuff. Try this first.
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=56542

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.